- Playing any puzzle
- Trading with or challenging another player
- Accessing the "Trade Commodities" interface in a market, or accessing "Inspect the hold" at a hold
- Getting information from the notice board and/or pirate, crew, or flag pages
- Sitting for a portrait
- A thrall in Cursed Isles will have a thrall icon above its head.
- Dragoons in Atlantis and Specters in Haunted Seas which have crept aboard will display the icon for the station they are sabotaging, bordered in red.
These icons are displayed when a pirate is playing the respective puzzle. Note that NPPs can also play some of these puzzles, and will display the relevant icon when they are doing so.
Piracy puzzle icons
These icons are specific to fighting.
|Frays in Atlantis
Carousing puzzle icons
Crafting puzzle icons
These icons show any actions a pirate is taking, such as trading or challenging.
|Trading with a pirate
|Challenging a pirate or NPP
|Sitting for a portrait
|Viewing an info page or the notice board
|Inspecting a hold or a commodities market
|Inspecting or dividing booty
|Managing labor or inspecting a job at a shoppe
|Managing orders at a shoppe
|Viewing yer known world while aboard a ship
These icons show a pirate's status.
Icons unique to NPPs
These icons can only be displayed above certain NPPs' heads.
|Dragoons or Specters sabotaging stations during a Sea Monster Hunt
|Thralls in Cursed Isles