Non player pirate
A non-player pirate, also known as NPP, non-player character (NPC), or "bot", is a game character recognized by having a white name that is also two words (in the form of "Adjective Name").
Common examples of NPPs include brigands, the NPPs inside inns (including "old salts"), the NPPs wandering around colonized islands, the NPP captain and crew aboard the ships belonging to island navies, and the NPP captain and crew aboard the Pollywog tutorial ship.
NPPs can also be hired to help crew a ship. These NPPs are called swabbies.
Permanent NPPs aboard ships
Certain classes of ships have a NPP permanently assigned to them. These NPPs do not count as crew members.
- The Alice class sloop has a rabbit NPP pet, while the Verdant class sloop and cutter each have several such rabbits.
- The Phantom class sloop and war frigate each have a ghost NPP.
- The Wondrous class xebec has a djinn NPP.
- Commonly discussed ideas from Game Design
- List of NPP quotes
- (Lists of known NPP adjectives and names):
- Spanish article: Pirata no jugador