Winter Solstice (Midnight)
|The subject of this article is obsolete and no longer present in the game.|
|Information presented here may no longer apply to the current game. It is retained primarily for historical interest.|
|Winter Solstice on the Midnight Ocean|
|Large island in the Diamond Archipelago|
Click on the map for a larger version.
- Chill Swill (bazaar)
- Beer Groggles
- Egg Grog
- Rum for the Money, Two for the Snow (upgraded)
- Blizzard Bothy (right-facing cottage)
- Crystal Villa (right-facing villa)
- Ice House (left-facing row house)
- Snow Boarders (left-facing shack)
- Iron monger
- Winter Welderland (bazaar)
- Blade Runner
- Blades of Honor (upgraded)
- Give Me One Good Freezin (upgraded)
- Crewel and Unusual Adornments (bazaar)
- Below Zero (upgraded)
- Hook and Eye (upgraded)
- Winter Wardrobe (upgraded)
- Frozen in Lime (upgraded)
- Dusted buildings
- Blizzard Blades (iron monger)
- Chicken Noodle Sloop (upgraded shipyard)
- The Taming of the Crew (distillery)
Although the island has weaveries, it lacks the corresponding bazaar.
After colonizing the island, Midnight Armada founded the Winter Council. The Council was made up of all members of the Midnight Armada royalty as well as one representative for each shoppe on the island. Midnight Armada appointed the first governor, Homullus, who served for a few terms, then the Council began electing the governor from among the members of the Council.
Winter II - 2004-06-03, Winter was used as the staging ground for the trial of Artemis; the blockade was halted after three rounds. Jobbers for Vilya, who helped Midnight Armada defend the island, received an unheard of sum of about 11,000 PoE per round. This was the last major blockade where Vilya jobbed players to the Dread Ringers crew; jobbers henceforth were jobbed to the Heroes of the Gods or Fools of the Gods crews.
Winter V - 2006-07-22, Midnight Armada encouraged other flags to give the island a new owner, and so they did not defend. Caper's Capers won the island in a 4 round blockade against the only other contender, Klingon Empire.
Winter VII - 2007-03-18, The Wrath of Neptune dropped a warchest onto Winter Solstice. Don't Panic dropped a warchest after The Wrath of Neptune did, but before the blockade had started. Don't Panic swept the blockade in three rounds in a non-sinking blockade.
Winter VIII - 2007-04-08, Don't Panic awarded control of Winter Solstice to Klingon Empire for winning the first "Royal Rumble" event.
Winter XIII - 2008-03-30, Tyr's Own defeated Spirit of the Game in a three round sinking blockade. Spirit of the Game pulled out after round two.
Winter XVII - 2011-12-17, Bipolar defeated Capsized in a three round non-sinking blockade to take control of the island.
Governors of Winter Solstice
- Homullus, May to August 2004
- Wildrose, August to October 2004
- Jeridus, October to December 2004
- Hogwash, December 2004 to March 2005
- Jamesofur, March to June 2005
- Puffnstuff, June 2005 to July 2006
- Docryno, July 2006 to August 2006
- Rizzalina, August 2006 to November 2006
- Francisgrace, November 2006 to March 2007
- Limpalong, March 2007 to April 2007
- Kahless, April 2007 to June 2007
- Rustypipe, June 2007 to July 2007
- Barnabas the Pale, July 2007 to 2nd December 2007
- Bootymoe, 2nd December 2007 to 23rd January 2008
- Doobie, 23rd January 2008 to ?
- Onelove, ? to March 30, 2008
- Silverdagger, March 30, 2008 to August 2009
- Mom, August 2009 to present