Turtle Island (Cerulean)
- "Turtle Island" redirects here. For other uses, see Turtle Island (disambiguation).
|Turtle Island on the Cerulean Ocean|
|Large island in the Diamond Archipelago|
Click on the map for a larger version.
Turtle Island is a large island located in the Diamond Archipelago. There are four known routes from the island: Alpha Island, Papaya Island, Cnossos Island, and an inter-archipelago route to Jorvik Island in the Ruby Archipelago. There is also an extinct training route that encircles the island.
- The Galapagos Dyelands (bazaar)
- Cheshlonian Panaceas (upgraded)
- Matamata (upgraded)
- Shellfish Potions (upgraded)
- Turtle Potion (upgraded)
- Commodities market
- Turtle Market (upgraded)
- Crosby, Stills and Mash (bazaar)
- Rum Shell Still-Skin (upgraded)
- Still Waters (upgraded)
- Top Shell Rum (upgraded)
- Turtle Waxers (bazaar)
- Leatherback Loungings (upgraded)
- S-Mart (upgraded)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Tables (upgraded)
- Cottage Industries (right-facing cottage)
- Crab (right-facing shack)
- Great A'Tuin Hall (left-facing pirate hall)
- Mind yer Manors (left-facing manor)
- Raphael's Row (left-facing row house)
- Terrapin Townhomes (right-facing townhouse)
- Iron monger
- Slow Pokes (bazaar)
- Fourteen Shellings (upgraded)
- Bang and Olafson (upgraded)
- Shell Shot (upgraded)
- Skulldaggery (upgraded)
- Turtle Irony (upgraded)
- The Tortoise and the Corsair (bazaar)
- Catfished Cutters (upgraded)
- Float Yer Boat (upgraded)
- Krusty Krab (upgraded)
- Three Skulls Shipyard (upgraded)
- Turtle Sloop (upgraded)
- Universe Eh (upgraded)
- Sea Turtlenecks (bazaar)
- Fall Fashions (upgraded)
- Two Turtle Gloves (upgraded)
- Yertle's Girdle (upgraded)
- Dusted Buildings
- The Doctor's Office (upgraded apothecary)
- Forging Ahead (upgraded iron monger)
- Furnish 'im (upgraded furnisher)
- Looming on the Horizon (upgraded weavery)
- The Old Sew and Sew (upgraded tailor)
- Tipsy McStaggers (distillery) - dusted 2006-06-20
- Turtle Sloop (upgraded shipyard) - dusted and name reused for new shipyard
- Sling Shot (iron monger) - dusted 2008-08-12
Many of the island's buildings were built during Vilya's reign. Most of the rest were built by Crimson Tide, leaving almost no space on the island to build without destroying commodity spawns. Under Turtle's Own, the government sought to preserve the status quo, promising not to change the tax rate or construct any new buildings. Certain buildings, such as the bank, were upgraded by player fundraising campaigns.
When the governor, Janthina, became unable to maintain her duties, she transferred ownership of the island to the flag Fool's Paradise and installed Curule as governor. Under Fool's Paradise and later Jesters' Court, they built several houses, a furnisher bazaar and two furnisher shops to take advantage of the housing release. They also considered raising taxes, which stirred some controversy about the scope of their mandate.
Turtle I - 2004-5-15, Crimson Tide and Nyx's Scions dropped war chests for Turtle's first blockade. Crimson Tide and its numerous allies won seven rounds. Nyx's Scions and its allies managed to win only one round.
2004-8-13, Crimson Tide ceded the island back to Vilya in anticipation of the opening of Xi Island. Vilya, in turn, ceded the island to Death's Banner, a special event flag run by Hades. During his brief reign, Hades magically turned the skies over Turtle red. Two days later, the flag Free Turtle blockaded the island in Turtle II. Players working on behalf of Hades organized a strong defense and repelled Free Turtle 6 rounds to 3.
Turtle III - 2004-8-21, Tyr's Own coordinated an attack on the island using the alt flag Turtle's Own. They defeated Death's Banner in a seven-round shutout. Turtle's Own installed Janthina as governor.
2005-5-26, Turtle's Own ceded the island to Fools' Paradise. Nineteen days later, Fools' Paradise and The Council merged to form Jesters' Court, retaining control of Turtle.
Turtle V - 2005-12-18, Jesters' Court reclaimed Turtle from Notorious Fandango in a three round sinking blockade.
Turtle XII - 2010-12-04, Dies Irae successfully defended against Brigand King Vargas the Mad in a four round sinking blockade.
Turtle XIV - 2011-01-15, Dies Irae retook the island in a three round non-sinking blockade against Bipolar. The blockade was held simultaneously with blockades at five other islands.
Turtle XIV - 2011-02-19, Tyr's Own defeated Dies Irae in a three round sinking blockade to claim the island.
Turtle XV - 2011-6-18, Dies Irae defeated Tyr's Own in a three round blockade to take control of the island.