- "Green" redirects here. For the island on the Obsidian Ocean, see Green Oasis (Obsidian).
There are many different lists of colors used by the game, for various items and commodities.
- 1 Standard colors
- 2 Special colors
- 3 Navy colors
- 4 Familiar colors
- 5 Skeleton colors
- 6 Herb colors
- 7 Mineral colors
- 8 Processed commodities
- 9 External/other links
Although these are the main twenty-seven colors used in standard ways, this is not an exhaustive list of all possible colors in the game.
Savvy hat exception
The savvy hat, while an item of clothing, does not come in the same variety of colors as the other clothing in the game. While the OMs can manually create a savvy hat in any color, they do not do so except for extremely special incidents. The full list of possible savvy combination is viewable on the savvy hat page.
Awarded from treasure chests
There are five of these special colors:
- Atlantean, recovered from Atlantis outposts.
- Indigo, recovered from the Cursed Isles.
- Inky, recovered from the Kraken lair.
- Night blue, recovered from the Haunted Seas.
- Silver, recovered from Greedy brigands.
Awarded in promotions
- Banana, awarded in the Banana Box Madness Promotion and the Banana Mystery Box Promotions (in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016).
- Chocolate, awarded in the Chocolate Mystery Box Promotions (in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015).
- Crimson, awarded in the Battle box promotion and some downloadable content packs.
- Emerald, awarded in the 2017 Spring Green Promotion. Additionally, Emerald chromas were available in the fox box promotion, and an emerald raven was available from the March 2014 promotion.
- Ice blue, awarded in the Winter Mystery Promotion and the Ice Box Promotions (in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016).
- Plum, awarded as part of the Plum Mystery Box Promotions (in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016).
- Royal blue, awarded in the Golden Doubloon Club and Monthly Rewards Program promotions.
- Shadow, awarded in the Battle box promotion and some downloadable content packs.
- Spring green, awarded in the Spring Surprise Promotion, the May Mystery Promotion, the Lucky Box Promotions (in 2011 and 2012), and the Spring Green Promotions (in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017).
- Wine, awarded as part of the 2009 Harvest Celebration Promotion, the Harvest Mystery Box Promotions in 2010 and 2011, and the Wine Mystery Box Promotions in 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015).
Other special colors
- Sea green, most commonly available as a chroma by trading in trinkets at a trading post.
- Silver and bronze, used on medals and pins to represent second (silver) and third (bronze) places. These (along with the standard color gold, which is used for first place) are called the "olympic colors." The olympic colors are also used as a highlight color for the Karkinos. Note: the metallic silver is not the same as the silver color that can be won from greedy brigands.
- Blue grey was found in gold boxes and in competitions and tournaments during April 2018. Familiars, a pet, trinkets, furniture, chromas, and clothing could all be won in the color. Note: a number of pets have a "blue grey" or "blue-grey" color, but those are greyer and/or darker than the new shade.
Each colonized island has its own navy, and each such navy has its own associated color. Please note that while these colors are from the palette of "standard" colors, they do not include any of the rare and/or expensive colors from that palette (such as black, purple, or maroon).
The clothes worn by the NPPs in that island's navy will all be of that island's navy's color. Furthermore, any clothes given by a pirate's home island's navy (for promotion in that navy) will also be of that island's navy's color.
Here is a list of the colors available for the island navies:
Each familiar has its own palette of colors. See each familiar's page for the possible colors.
- Dark grey
Herbs come in fifteen hues (no gold, tan, maroon, lavender, mint, rose, magenta, or light green), each one representing a different commodity. Note that the colors and shapes may not reflect their real-life counterparts:
|Brown||Old man's beard||Amentaceous|
|Lime||Lily of the valley||Urceolate|
Minerals are similar to herbs. They may also be found as large or small crystals; only one of which can be spawned on an island.
|Color||Mineral||Size of Crystals|
*On the Yohoho! Island Scene Editor, this is listed as green.
Enamels for non-swords
The following enamels may not be used in the production of swords, but can be used for mugs and furniture:
Paints come in all twenty-seven standard colors.
Though bludgeons involve paint in their recipes, bludgeons can not come in any of these colors: