September 2017 DS promotion
Dark Seas Battle Box Promotion
During the Dark Seas Battle Box Promotion, players will receive a "mystery box" gift with purchases of $9.99 or more made between 10:00 AM PDT September 8, 2017 and 3:00 PM PDT September 18, 2017. This promotion is open to players using whichever payment method they prefer (including credit card, Paypal, and Paymentwall, and checks and money orders). Purchases of either doubloons or subscription during the promotion period are eligible. You can be certain that your purchase qualifies if an image of a Battle Box shows up next to your chosen package on the subscription or doubloon billing page when you go to make your purchase.
Your mystery gift will be redeemable on any one pirate associated with your account. If you made your qualifying purchase while logged in to the game, you may need to log out and back on again for it to appear. Available mystery gift items include...
- Crimson Monkey
- Shadow Raven
- Tan Raven
- Crimson or Shadow Panther
- Crimson or Shadow Small Cat
- Purchase must be made between 10:00 AM PDT September 8, 2017 and 3:00 PM PDT September 18, 2017 to be eligible.
- Each purchase of $9.99 or greater is eligible. Smaller purchases cannot be combined to meet this limit.
- Purchasing a doubloon package larger than $9.99 will earn you multiple mystery gifts, at the rate of 1 mystery gift for every $9.99 spent.
- Players with an existing $9.99 or greater subscription will receive one complimentary mystery gift.
- Additional time can be purchased by current subscribers to receive more mystery boxes.
- Coinscriptions and Gifted subscription time do not count as a purchase and do not count towards the Dark Seas Battle Box Promotion.
- It is important to note that some Paypal payment options can take several days to clear. All purchases must clear during the promotion period for them to be eligible for mystery gifts. If the payment clears after the promotion period, you will not receive a mystery box. Bank transfers and eChecks are the most common form of "delayed" payment.
Checks & Money Orders
Checks and Money Order purchases must be issued by US banks and received before the last day of the promotion, September 18, 2017, in order to be eligible for a mystery gift.
Collecting Your Mystery Gift
Your bonus item can be collected in-game by logging in and viewing the notification in your "Ahoy" tab on the pirate with which you would like to receive the gift.
Mystery Gift Distribution and Value
All eligible purchases will receive a bonus item but the distribution is arbitrary, regardless of the amount of the transaction or the frequency with which purchases are made. The probability of receiving a specific item is always the same, regardless of how many purchases you make during the promotional period.
The distribution of probabilities for various mystery gifts will be as follows:
- 0.1% Crimson Monkey
- 0.1% Shadow Raven
- 0.5% Tan Raven
- 1.0% Crimson or Shadow panther
- 1.1% Crimson or Shadow small cat
- 1.2% Crimson or Shadow painted cutter
- 1.5% Crimson or Shadow painted sloop mk. II
- 4.5% Crimson or Shadow furniture:
- Skeleton chair
- Skeleton table
- Floor anchor
- Coat rack
- Decorative cannon (medium)
- Pirate bed
- Pirate flag
- 6.0% Crimson or Shadow LE furniture:
- Chess knight
- Defiant Armada flag
- Shadow Fleet flag
- 10% Crimson or Shadow Chroma
- 20% Crimson or Shadow Trinkets:
- Gemstone ring
- Signet ring
54% Crimson or Shadow clothes:
- Bandolier/Epaulet jacket
- Stripy knickers
- Fancy boots
Grey Havens LLC offers no substitutions for these items. These items are offered as a bonus to doubloon and subscription purchases and have no cash or redemption value with Grey Havens and cannot be returned for a discount.
If you are unable to retrieve your mystery gift or have any questions, please contact us through the Support Form so we can resolve the problem.
* The painted ships will be bestowed as a "sealed deed" item which can be used from your pirate's inventory to cause the prize ship's deed to appear. The prize ship will be docked at your home island. LE-Painted ships are standard ships, and thus do not have a special "Limited Edition" icon on their dock/vessel image.