April 2014 promotion
Fox Box Promotion
During the Fox Box Promotion, players will receive a "mystery box" gift with purchases of $9.99 or more made between 10:00 AM PDT April 22nd, 2014 and 3:00 PM PDT April 30th, 2014. This promotion is open to players using whichever payment method they prefer (including credit card, Paypal, and PayByCash, and checks and money orders). Purchases of either doubloons or subscription during the promotion period are eligible. You can be certain that your purchase qualifies if an image of a Fox Box shows up next to your chosen package on the subscription or doubloon billing page when you go to make your purchase.
Your mystery gift will be redeemable on any one pirate associated with your account. If you made your qualifying purchase while logged in to the game, you may need to log out and back on again for it to appear. Available mystery gift items include...
- Fox Pets
- Emerald Chromas
- Sea Green Prize Purses
- Sea Green Furniture
- Sea Green Trinkets
About Fox Pets
Fox are a new type of pet available in a variety of color combinations. Fox pets won from the Fox Box will have persimmon as their primary fur color.
About Emerald and Sea Green
Emerald and Sea Green are special colors that will not be available for general sale from in-game shoppes. They are available in this promotion as the color of chorma, furniture and trinket prizes.
Chromas are items that are carried in the Miscellaneous section of your Booty panel. They can be used to permanently change the primary or secondary color of any existing piece of clothing, except the Savvy Hat and any clothing item that lacks color options.
About Prize Purses
A "Prize Purse" gift is a one-time use Miscellaneous, in-game item that will grant your pirate Pieces of Eight when opened (similar to a Piggy bank). Most Prise Purses will contain between 400 and 4000 Pieces of Eight each, with a small chance of a payout of 100,000 Pieces of Eight. Prize Purses can be displayed in portraits.
- Purchase must be made between 10:00 AM PDT April 22nd, 2014 and 3:00 PM PDT April 30th, 2014 to be eligible.
- Each purchase of $9.99 or greater is eligible. Smaller purchases cannot be combined to meet this limit.
- Purchasing a doubloon package larger than $9.99 will earn you multiple mystery gifts, at the rate of 1 mystery gift for every $9.99 spent.
- Players with an existing $9.99 or greater subscription will receive one complimentary mystery gift.
- Additional time can be purchased by current subscribers to receive more mystery boxes.
- Coinscriptions and Gifted subscription time do not count as a purchase and do not count towards the Fox Box Promotion.
- It is important to note that some Paypal payment options can take several days to clear. All purchases must clear during the promotion period for them to be eligible for mystery gifts. If the payment clears after the promotion period, you will not receive a mystery box. Bank transfers and eChecks are the most common form of "delayed" payment.
Checks & Money Orders
Checks and Money Order purchases must be issued by US banks and received before the last day of the promotion, April 30th, 2014, in order to be eligible for a mystery gift.
Collecting Your Mystery Gift
Your bonus item can be collected in-game by logging in and viewing the notification in your "Ahoy" tab on the pirate with which you would like to receive the gift.
Mystery Gift Distribution and Value
All eligible purchases will receive a bonus item but the distribution is arbitrary, regardless of the amount of the transaction or the frequency with which purchases are made. The probability of receiving a specific item is always the same, regardless of how many purchases you make during the promotional period.
The distribution of probabilities for various mystery gifts will be as follows:
- 5% - Fox Pet
- 5% - Emerald Chroma
- 15% - Sea Green Furniture
- One of: Painted Chest, Ship's Bell, Vase of Wildflowers, Snake Medallion, Clawfoot Tub
- 20% - Sea Green Prize Purse
- 55% - Sea Green Trinket
- One of: Orchid with Card, Sunglasses, Cupcake, Abacus, Archelon Egg, Chaos Brooch, Haunted Tome
Three Rings offers no substitutions for these items. These items are offered as a bonus to doubloon and subscription purchases and have no cash or redemption value with Three Rings and cannot be returned for a discount.
If you are unable to retrieve your mystery gift or have any questions, please contact us through the Support Form so we can resolve the problem.