The booty panel on the sunshine widget, also known as a pirate's inventory, displays everything a pirate holds - i.e., the items which are not stored elsewhere in a ship, a shoppe or a house. A pirate's inventory can also be displayed by clicking "Ye -> Pirate name -> Booty".
Actions can be taken for items in the inventory by right-clicking them to bring up a menu with the actions available for that item. Additionally, details about an item can be viewed by resting the mouse cursor over it.
The booty panel is separated into different categories, most of which only show up when something is in them. Items in these categories can be viewed by clicking on the category name.
The categories are:
- Clothing - Any clothing of the pirate's gender (and other wearable items) goes here. This category is further divided into five sub-categories. The currently equipped clothing items are shown in a box next to their sub-category name.
- Hats - This is where all pirate headgear goes. This category always shows up, even when the pirate has no headgear.
- Torso - The pirate's shirts, and anything else worn over the chest, goes here. There is always something in this category, so it always shows up.
- Legs - Anything the pirate wears over his or her legs goes here. There is always something in this category, so it always shows up.
- Feet - Boots, buckle shoes, and fancy boots all go here. This category always shows up, even when the pirate has nothing to wear on his or her feet.
- Familiar - Any octopi, monkeys, parrots, ippolitos, serpents, skeletal monkeys, or other familiars which the pirate has, if any, go here. This is the only clothing subcategory that disappears when there is nothing in it.
- Swords - The pirate's swords, which are used in the swordfighting puzzle, go here. The currently equipped sword is shown in a box next to the category name. Since a pirate always has a sword equipped, this category always shows up.
- Bludgeon - Any bludgeons which are owned for use in rumble are stored here. The currently equipped bludgeon, if any, is shown in a box next to the category name.
- Mugs - The mugs which are owned for use in the drinking puzzle are stored here. The currently equipped mug, if any, is shown in a box next to the category name.
- Rowboats - Any rowboat kits, which are used in Kraken encounters, that are held by a pirate are stored here. The currently equipped rowboat, if any, is shown in a box next to the category name.
- Charts - The Yer known world chart and any other charts (or maps) that are carried on the person show up here. Pirates can view the Ye Known World chart at any time by clicking on it and then selecting "View Ye Known World." There is always something in this category, so it always shows up.
- Badges - On doubloon oceans, badges the pirate has bought show up here.
- Deeds - Any shoppe or ship deeds that are held are shown here. The deed subcategories are shoppes, then a subcategory for each type of ship in order from smallest to largest. Each subcategory only appears if the pirate owns at least one applicable deed. Within each ship type subcategory, the ships are alphabetized.
- Bid Tickets - Any bid tickets which are owned are shown here.
- Portraits - Any portraits that are owned are stored here. Pirates may view a portrait, view their gallery, or edit their gallery at any time by clicking on the portrait and then selecting the appropriate choice from the menu.
- Furniture - Any furniture items which are owned but have not placed are shown here.
- Pets - Pets show up here. The currently equipped pet, if any, is shown in the box next to the category name.
- Potions - Appearance altering potions and whisking potions show up here.
- Trinkets - Trinkets show up here. They are grouped into subcategories based mostly on how they are obtained (e.g. Black box, Atlantis, Beachcomber, etc.). One trinket may be equipped at a time, and if there is one equipped, it is shown in a box next to the trinket category name.
- Miscellaneous - Paint brushes, chromas, stackables, rogue marks, designs, amulets, charms, frozen banners, and clothing for pirates of the opposite gender.
Within each category, items are always grouped by type. A list of the order of items may be found here.
- Main article: Item menu
The item menu lets a player use the items in the booty panel. They can equip clothes, use whisking potions or paint brushes, read charts, modify how stackables are grouped, or trash items. To access the item menu, the player must click on the item they wish to use. Items can also be clicked and dragged to equip, trade, or store in appropriate furniture.
Bid tickets do not have item menus.
Originally, all booty panel categories were always displayed (except the familiar category). With release 2005-02-11, the booty panel now shows only panels where the player has an item. With release 2005-10-20, the chart category now always shows the Yer Known World chart, even when closed.