Art:December Doodles 2016
As in 2012, 2013, and 2015, Shiny Sun Points were awarded as additional prizes.
- 1 December Doodle #1: Easy as A B(k) C... (Hosted by Hera)
- 2 December Doodle #2: Peter Panda's Price - arrRansom Note! (Hosted by Hera)
- 3 December Doodle #3: Deck Yer Deck! (Hosted by Nemesis)
- 4 December Doodle #4: Hera's Holiday Haiku (Hosted by Hera)
- 5 December Doodle #5: Christmas Shopping! (Hosted by Clotho)
- 6 December Doodle #6: Preposterous Portrait-Ship Propositions! (Hosted by Hera)
- 7 December Doodle #7: Pirate a'singing! (Hosted by Clotho)
- 8 December Doodle #8: X-marks-the-spot Mosaic! (Hosted by Hera)
- 9 Dedicated Doodler Award 2016
- 10 Event Articles
December Doodle #1: Easy as A B(k) C... (Hosted by Hera)
1 December - Create a seasonal family greeting card for your favourite Brigand King OR Brigand Kings (as many or as few as you like) where they booch it and end up with something that will make us all chuckle.
December Doodle #2: Peter Panda's Price - arrRansom Note! (Hosted by Hera)
6 December - Write a short ransom note on Hera's behalf demanding anything for the safe return of Cronus' prized panda.
- Dearest Cronus,
- We have your panda. We thought at first it would be fun to own but now we realize it's stupid and annoying and we can no longer bear it.
- (The word "pandering" must have been coined after him because that's certainly what he's doing to everything in the hold.)
- Please deliver onto us a better bear. Preferably purple. Smelling of lilacs. Maybe even stuffed after this whole live bear nonsense.
- Or else you'll know what's black and white and red all over.
- Peter Panda picked a plentitude of pecks of pretty plants, presumably to please his palate. Pesky Peter peeves your precious princess. Prevent painful punishment to piggish panda by producing proper payment to purchase Peter's presence.
- Procure peacocks, pearls (possibly purple), precious pieces of pottery, perhaps some papaya... And pudding. Pounds of pudding. (Persimmon is prohibited.)
December Doodle #3: Deck Yer Deck! (Hosted by Nemesis)
8 December - Decorate your own vessel to display how you celebrate the winter holidays!
Entries: 10; Winners received an ornament, a holiday-themed piece of furniture, and a Shiny Sun Point each.
- Bisca of Emerald (entry)
- Dexla of Cerulean (entry)
- Narphus of Emerald (entry)
- Wayfarer of Meridian (entry)
- Herowena of Cerulean (entry)
December Doodle #4: Hera's Holiday Haiku (Hosted by Hera)
13 December - Write a haiku about Hera Eggs specifically relating to the holiday season.
- Potato latkes
- Made with onion, purple eggs
- Hera fed Cronus
- Six geese a-layin'
- Just five purple Hera eggs
- Twelve days' are ruined!
- Whisk spare eggs and rum
- to make purple Heranog.
- Confuse drunk people.
December Doodle #5: Christmas Shopping! (Hosted by Clotho)
15 December - Create a gift for Cronus out of toilet paper.
Entries: 7; Winners received an ornament, a festive furniture piece, and a Shiny Sun Point each.
December Doodle #6: Preposterous Portrait-Ship Propositions! (Hosted by Hera)
20 December - Suggest a portrait ship rename for an imaginary holiday event that happens sometime during December.
- (Standard) Rename: Gluey Noodlefish
- Event: December Doodles (Of course!)
- Location: All Oceans
- Date: Annually, beginning December 1st
- Details: A month-long holiday for fun-loving pirates, during which they flex their drawing, crafting, and word-smithing muscles. Many oohs and ahhs, and much silliness, ensues!
- (standard) Rename: Grumpy Lumpy
- Event: Unified Grouchiness Holiday (UGH)
- Location: Worldwide
- Date: The last shopping weekend prior to December 25th.
- Details: A weekend celebrating the complete distain for celebrating. Expressed in public with open rudeness, queue jumping, and maniacal driving techniques. Those in more remote locations, celebrate the holiday by not leaving the sofa for at least 2 days.
December Doodle #7: Pirate a'singing! (Hosted by Clotho)
22 December - Choose a Christmas / festive / winter song and perform it with your friends and relatives helping out AND adding a piratey feel to the performance.
Entries: 6; Winners received an ornament, festive furniture, and two Shiny Sun Points each. Runners-up received an ornament, festive furniture, and one Shiny Sun Point.
December Doodle #8: X-marks-the-spot Mosaic! (Hosted by Hera)
27 December - Using all the Xmas non-edible left-overs you can find (wrapping paper, tissue paper, napkins, cards, ribbons, chocolate wrappings - anything that is flat and can be cut down to small pieces and glued to create a mosaic), create a treasure map showing where you have buried yer holiday loot!
Entries: 5; the winner received an ornament, a wall map, and one Shiny Sun Point.
Dedicated Doodler Award 2016
These pirates all successfully completed every December Doodle on the forums, winning a trinket and a wrapped gift: