Art:December Doodles 2013
Doodles 2013  is the ninth annual December Doodles event.
Like last year, Shiny Sun Points were awarded as additional prizes. Winners received ten points, runners-up five, and honorable mentions one point each.
- 1 December Doodle #1: YoHoHo 2013
- 2 December Doodle #2: That's Cracy Talk!
- 3 December Doodle #3: Lolcats
- 4 December Doodle #4: MochaspressoLatteParty
- 5 December Doodle #5: NaDoDoMo
- 6 December Doodle #6: The Gathering
- 7 December Doodle #7: Poster Vandalism
- 8 December Doodle #8: Community Singing
- 9 December Doodle #9: 2014
- 10 Dedicated Doodler Award 2013
- 11 Event Articles
December Doodle #1: YoHoHo 2013
1 December - Today's task is to draw something on Artpad representing the PuzzlePirates-related achievement or activity this year that pleased you most.
December Doodle #2: That's Cracy Talk!
4 December - Your task today is to decide the basis on which the world of Puzzle Pirates should be governed, and describe roughly how power would be assigned and used; you may also want to include your reasoning for why this would be a good choice for Puzzle Pirates!
- Imp of Meridian
SEE YOUR AD HERE! REASONABLE FEES AT OUR DISCRETION! TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY!
- Puzzle Pirates, Incorporated is a registered Government TM under the Green and Blue Agreed Inter-Ocean Agreement Policies (SIS/QA#452.39/A-458.42/T inclusive). Our multiskilled, dynamic, expensively-dressed teams are here to engage with you dynamically on your excitingly unique Pirate Identity Incorporation (Pi2). With adaptive, dynamic brand licensing and innovative marketing based on a stable core of Plausibly Deniable Dynamic Business Intelligence, We are the Government for You! Book now to attend a free seminar! Tea and Coffee provided!
ARRRTISTS ADDING PAUNCH TO YOUR PORTRAITS? LOSE WEIGHT NOW WITH THIS ONE SIMPLE TRICK! EXPERTS WON'T TELL YOU! NEARLYREAL TESTIMONIALS! CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE!
- You are your Brand. All Piratenames to be registered with the Puzzle Pirates, Incorporated Registry of Pirate Registration. Lifetime fees apply. Defaulting on payments will result in deletion after a period of no less than 6 weeks and the name will be returned to the common pool for reselection.
11th ANNUAL CLOSING DOWN SALE ON NOW! HURRY, LIMITED TIME! UP TO 50% OFF ALL STOCK! CONDITIONS APPLY!
- Brand Protection* licence required. Licences may be obtained through the Puzzle Pirates, Incorporated Brand Protection Bureau. Fees and charges apply.
- *Registered brand-protection strategies include: Litigation By Sword/Bludgeon/Mug, Spin, Industrial espionage, Governor-bribing and Forum-baiting, Distraction, Misdirection, Rhetorical devices and Persuasive language.
FIRST PORT OF CALL, GIRL FOR MONTHS? FOR A GOOD TIME, /TELL 1-900-OCEANMASTER. SATISFACTION NEARLY GUARANTEED!
- Profit Maximisation* licence required. Licences can be obtained through the Puzzle Pirates, Incorporated Advertising Licensing Board. Fees and charges apply. Advertising space not included.
- Specialist Advertising Consultants are available through the Puzzle Pirates, Incorporated Advertising Consultancy. Bookings essential. Fees and charges apply.
- *Profit maximisation permissions include: signage, throw a party, innspam, /tell, offer?, would you like fries with that?, have a nice day, markup, market manipulation and persuasive advertising.
LOCAL HOUSEPIRATE EARNS 1500 DOUBLOONS A WEEK WORKING FROM SHACK! FIND OUT HER SECRET HERE!
- Piracy Licences required for all seafaring activities. Fees applicable. Circumstance-mitigation and responsibilty-exemption insurance extra. All decisions to be made by committee, to be nominated prior to sailing.
FREE $500 PUZZLE PIRATES GIFT VOUCHER! QUICK SURVEY! TRUSTWORTHY SITE! FREE FISH! NO WORRIES!
- Individual Licences individually required for individual activities including: Melee Participation, Monsterhunting, Deedholding (Residential), Deedholding (Seafaring), Deedholding (Retail), Goldrunning, Fruitrunning, Crewrunning, Krakenslaying, Drinking after 5pm, Drinking before 5pm, Drinking at 5pm, etc, subject to change without notice.
PILLAGE WITH THE DODGY BROTHERS! POSSIBLE RETURN GUARANTEED*! HURRY, PLACES LIMITED! APPLY** NOW!
* Exceptions include but are not limited to: storms, brigands, barbarians, storms, leaving port, not leaving port, damage, lack of damage, storms, sailing with a full crew, sailing with 12!, not sailing today sorry sir, did you bring your own bilge pump?
** No deckchair Lawyers.
- Written by I. Sane for the Department of Homeisland Core Competency Standards, Infrastructure Streamlining and Marketing Analytics Development. Authorised by A.T. Wenceslas.
- Bunnylaroo of Emerald
- Squawkocracy - power in the
handstalons of Parrots
- WHEREAS we, the parrots of Yohoho Puzzle Pirates, have successfully mastered human language, thus demonstrating our inherent superiority, we hereby declare our intent to govern mankind.
- Guiding Principles of Squawkocracy
- 1 - Parrots, as the ruling class, must be either carried on the shoulder or housed in a comfortably furnished Fancy Wardrobe at all times.
- 2 - Cats and Big Cats shall be exiled to uninhabited outpost islands, effective immediately.
- 3 - Parrot feathers will replace pieces of eight as the accepted form of currency; however, they will only be available for collection during molting season.
- 4 - All in-home and shipboard carpeting will be replaced with newspaper, which is to be changed bi-weekly.
- 5 - In lieu of blockades, a flag's parrot population will be used to determine island ownership and tax levying (larger populations of parrots resulting in lower taxes). In the event that two contending flags have the same parrot population, the toucan and raven populations will be taken into account.
- 6 - Human attendants (formerly known as "owners") of parrots will be required to wear clothing that coordinates with the plumage of their parrot leaders.
- 7 - The phrase "Polly want a cracker?" is henceforth forbidden. Anyone overheard speaking this phrase will be immediately sentenced to ten years of hard labor on a newspaper clean-up chain gang.
- Your immediate compliance with the terms of this ultimatum is anticipated. We hope that you will all welcome your new avian overlords. RAAAAWK...Avian Overlords...RAAAAAAWK!
December Doodle #3: Lolcats
8 December - Your task today is to create a lolcat with a caption that has some obvious reference to a duty puzzle (sailing, rigging, patching, carpentry, bilging, gunning, duty navigation or treasure haul).
Gneiss of Emerald
December Doodle #4: MochaspressoLatteParty
11 December - I would like you please to make me a Nice Hot Cup Of Tea. Without the water. Or heat. And I want it to be pretty. Let's start again. I want you to use Nice Hot Drink ingredients to create some piratey art. You should have a plain background and you can use any dry powder or granule substance from the following list as long as it is some shade on the white/cream/brown scale!
Bolognese of Meridian
December Doodle #5: NaDoDoMo
15 December - Today I would like you to celebrate NaDoDoMo - National Doodle Doing Month - by designing a T-shirt for the month.
Chiichan of Emerald
December Doodle #6: The Gathering
18 December - Your task this time is to write an account of the Christmas Party at Mount Olympus this year (yes, absolutely the Greek gods celebrate Christmas - I believe they celebrate EVERYTHING).
- Herowena of Cerulean
- Eightycats: Noted cat fancier
- Eurydice: Noted cat fancier
- Apollo: Noted fancy cat
- Eurydissed Connection
- You were standing by the wine fountain, talking to the Twins. I was near the buffet table, discretely pocketing tuna sandwiches. You squinted adorably when you looked at the Sun, and flashed your surprisingly sharp teeth while laughing.
- You idly brushed a hair from your gown with a delicate flick of your hook, and I watched in fascination as it floated over Apollo, then descended toward his white attire. Arrayed on his snowy coat back, I could see the distinctive color and texture. It had to be... tabby! Then, with another deft flick, a second strand landed across the first. I thought I saw a sly smile quickly light your face as you observed this feline "X". Was this your famed dry(ad) sense of humor?
- I was shy about approaching your group. Although I'd definitely been released from the developer's gulag for the duration of the party, I wasn't certain of my welcome amongst the immortals. I gathered my courage, and sidled closer, attempting nonchalance.
- "Plink!" "Plink!" "Plinkety plink plink!" From behind the towering Festive Fir, a barrage of marinated olives erupted. Now well into their cups of Christmas cheer, half a dozen gods were taking merry aim. Apollo sang a chorus of curses as he spun to see the oily missiles pelting his pristine garb.
- "You're not too big to smite!" he bellowed. Catching sight of me paused in awkward mid-sidle, he growled "For gods' sake, Eightycats! Develop stain-repellant potion for white clothes already!"
- In the ensuing conflagration of lightning bolts and flaming Olympian cocktails, I lost my chance to tell you that I think WE are meant to be. Please contact me at:
- Cellblock OOO
- This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Or a really delicious soup.
- Imp of Meridian
- Apollo: Lyre, sunny, statuegenic.
- Galene: Nice. Suspiciously nice.
- From: Executive Team
- To: All Staff
- Subject: New Year's welcome/Christmas party shenanigans
- Dear all,
- Hopefully you've rested well over the break, and are ready to begin the new year bouncing with enthusiasm. Before we kick off this year's agenda, we would like to remind you that we have an image to maintain, and ask that you familiarise yourselves with the company's updated Social Media policy. While we will be contacting particular individuals over the coming weeks to ensure their full understanding of the significance of their actions at the recent staff party, there are a few events that have recurred (again) from previous years that we feel would benefit from some open discussion.
- Firstly, while it has always been considered acceptable - even encouraged - to mingle with clients, the over-exposed statues were bad enough. Having a certain sunny deity in all his glowy tagged on 11 493 795 (and counting) Facebook pages represents a significant threat to our continued existence. Remember, belief is an important source of our power and such anti-mystique normalisation undermines the need for 'belief', affecting us all. At the request of your overburdened colleagues in the Human Resources department, the following additions have been made to the Social Media policy: You are no longer to "friend" mortals, and appropriate account security settings and restricted privacy options should be activated immediately.
- Secondly, it's Lyre, NOT Liar. When you get the two confused and make promises in the name of Mount Olympus in return for... favours from some devout mortal, we find ourselves in the awkward position of having to deny supposedly "guaranteed" petitions, either due to their impossible nature, or more frequently, belief cuts. If anyone is interested in joining Apollo for his re-education sessions, sign up via the Ongoing Education Department, places are limited. Topics will include "Respecting Each Other and Mortals Too", "The Relative Merits of Spelling vs Punnery" and "Photobomb Etiquette", and will of course contribute toward your professional development requirement for the year.
- Finally, we know the Jello pit has been an ongoing source of entertainment at staff functions for millennia and this is great, but for the 1095th year in a row, the jello was spiked. You all know that certain persons are to be kept away from certain substances at all times, and you all know who is most likely to be seen in the jello pit. Galene appears to be recovering well (again) and we should be able to remove the restraints in a few days. During her convalescence, anyone able to assist in keeping the waters calm will find themselves greatly appreciated.
- With that out of the way, welcome back everyone. We have a challenging year ahead, so we'll be jumping straight back into planning for February's celebrations. Initial proposal deadline is Jan 12th, so hop to it!
- Yours in Spirit,
- Your Executive Team.
December Doodle #7: Poster Vandalism
22 December - Your task for this doodle is to take a movie poster, and to edit it to change the theme. You should take the original poster design, and adapt it to make it relevant either to pirates, or to turtles, or to both.
December Doodle #8: Community Singing
25 December - Your task for this doodle is to choose a Christmas / festive / winter song, round up some helpers (if possible), and record an enthusiastic and piratified performance of the song.
December Doodle #9: 2014
29 December - I would like you please to commemorate the New Year by creating an exuberant homage to 2014. Ideally, I would like you to make me some kind of physical creation. However, if you are unable to do so, I will also accept computer-created entries, written entries, and performance entries, including interpretative dance. Your theme MUST be 2014, and this must be very literal. If you create a physical object of some kind, it should essentially be the numerals 2014.
Herowena of Cerulean
Dedicated Doodler Award 2013
These pirates all successfully completed every doodle on the forums, receiving a small dog named after one of the seven dwarves for their hard work:
- Bisquick of Cerulean
- Cattrin of Cerulean
- Dexla of Cerulean
- Gneiss of Emerald
- Herowena of Cerulean
- Imp of Meridian
- Pixelpixie of Cerulean
- (Not) December Doodles: 2017(ish)
- December Doodles: 2016
- December Doodles: 2015
- December Doodles: 2014