Art:Spring Egguinox: 2016
Spring Egguinox 2016 was a contest run by Clotho, Galene, and Nemesis during Easter time, 2016. Similar to the December Daily Doodles, a new egg-themed contest was posted every day for approximately a week and a half, from the 18th to the 29th of March.
Spring Egguinox - Oodles of Doodles! was the ninth series of Spring Egguinox events. This page documents the contests, winners and prizes of the Spring Egguinox events in March 2016.
As in 2014, Shiny Sun Points were awarded during this event.
EGGY DOODLE #1: Cutiepie's Bubblegum Spiral Egg
March 18 - Use Artpad to create a very pink, cuddly, hypnotic creature, using up to three colors, one of which must be pink.
Each winner received a Clotho egg, Cutiepie's bubblegum spiral egg, a pink daisy, and five Shiny Sun Points.
Runners-up Darkfaery, Dexla, and Herowena each received Cutiepie's egg and two Shiny Sun Points.
Honorable Mentions were awarded to Alpha, Doggbreath, Faeree, Greyladyy, Kuroge, and Runkeerin, who each received Cutiepie's egg and one Shiny Sun Point.
EGGY DOODLE #2: Frost's Frosted Egg
March 19 - Use broken eggshells to create something 2-D with a scale-like look to it.
Each winner received a Clotho egg, Frost's frosted egg, a light blue lily, and five Shiny Sun Points.
Runners-up Greyladyy, Lastcall, and Wayfarer each received Frost's frosted egg and two Shiny Sun Points.
Honorable Mentions were awarded to Dexla, Doggbreath, Locu, and Quansha, who each received Frost's frosted egg and one Shiny Sun Point.
EGGY DOODLE #3: Dexla's Peacock Egg
March 20 - Write a short Tall Tale that your pirate might use when trying to impress someone they like.
- So we have these things called "Doodles", right? And they're these epic tests of strength, skill, stamina--all kinds of good stuff that start with the letter 's'. Smarts? That's sort of a word. But you have to be hardcore to be a doodler.
- And sometimes I post my doodle a full hour before the deadline.
- Not that I'm bragging.
- How I got to keep my Crimson cat.
- I got to keep my Crimson cat by finding the Bermuda triangle of Puzzle Pirates. I'm not going to tell you where or how, but under a certain moon, in a certain zone on a certain type of ship you can transport goods between oceans. Shhhhh! You didn't hear it from me!
- Not many people know this BUT.... I use to defeat El Pollo Diablo on a regular basis. In fact, it was so easy for me, that in order to make it more "challenging" I donated a small portion of my vast wealth to fund their crew numbers from 100 to 159.
- It was my way of giving back. True Story!
Each winner received a Clotho egg, Dexla's peacock egg, a green orchid, and five Shiny Sun Points.
Runners-up Burgesse, Doggbreath, and Quansha each received Dexla's peacock egg and two Shiny Sun Points.
Honorable Mentions were awarded to Alpha, Firstround, Frost, Herowena, and Imp, who each received Dexla's peacock egg and one Shiny Sun Point.
EGGY DOODLE #4: Kevinstar's Pastel Egg
March 21 - Create a whimsical image using only cotton balls as a paint brush.
Each winner received a Clotho egg, Kevinstar's pastel egg, an aqua rose, and five Shiny Sun Points.
Runners-up Quansha, Cattrin, and Darkfaery each received Kevinstar's pastel egg and two Shiny Sun Points.
Honorable Mentions were awarded to Alpha, Dexla, Faeree, and Herowena, who each received Kevinstar's pastel egg and one Shiny Sun Point.
EGGY DOODLE #5: Sapphic's Piggy Egg
March 22 - Create a pig pet out of an egg - but why stop there? We love to pamper our porcine pets! Who has the swankiest swine of all?
Each winner received a Nemesis egg, Sapphic's piggy egg, a magenta orchid, and five Shiny Sun Points.
Runners-up Velternal, Wayfarer, and Lastcall each received Sapphic's piggy egg and two Shiny Sun Points.
Honorable Mentions were awarded to Stephs, Alpha, Greyladyy, and Herowena, who each received Sapphic's piggy egg and one Shiny Sun Point.
EGGY DOODLE #6: Lastcall's Puzzle Egg
March 23 - Do some creative carvings on peeled, hardboiled eggs!
Each winner received a Nemesis egg, Lastcall's puzzle egg, a magenta lily, and five Shiny Sun Points.
Runners-up Alpha, Quansha, and Stephs each received Lastcall's puzzle egg and two Shiny Sun Points.
Honorable Mentions were awarded to Herowena, Doggbreath, Aelain, and Dexla, who each received Lastcall's puzzle egg and one Shiny Sun Point.
EGGY DOODLE #7: Frost's Ghostling Egg
March 24 - Write a short campfire story about how the little Ghostling Egg came to be!
- My cousin's nephew once told me of a brave little ghostling who loved to go exploring while his pirate was asleep.
- One day, his pirate started zzzing on a fancy new ship the ghostling had never seen before, so off the ghostling flitted. He poked his face into every nook and cranny. Every. One. Some of those nooks and crannies actual belonged to the crew, and some of those crewmates yelled at the ghostling for being so curious--shouts along the lines of "Ye don't need to know what's in me pants!" and "Yuck! What're ye doing?!" The ghostling didn't care, so long as the noise didn't wake his pirate.
- But his pirate still slumbered, dreaming of something called 'afk', so on went the ghostling.
- Deep in the ship's belly, past some boring grey statues, a red glow caught the ghostling's eye. It pulsed gently in the gloom, just around a corner. What could it be? the ghostling wondered. A red ghost, perhaps? A new friend?
- Excited, the ghostling darted around the corner and looked straight into the gemstone eyes of the Gorgon Seal.
- The poor little ghostling thudded to the floor, never to flit again.
- Come mates warm yourselves by the fire. Ill tell ye the tale of a young man on his 1st sea adventure as a pirate. Two days out were a terrible storm. A red sky that morning, the sea pounded and tossed the wee ship for hours.
- The young pirate wakes in the night to find the seas calm and no one else on board. He remembers the storm but cant recall much of day.
- The lad worried for the crew and frightened is so hungry having not a bite since the night before. He rushes to the hold looking for food. He sees a nice big egg, runs over trips and falls into it.
- But this not be the story of a broken egg, its a GHOST STORY, muahahaha!
- The lad didnt realize the ship had gone down with all hands. The ship no longer be sailing, but resting on the bottom with one soul trapped, disbelieving its own passing.
- The poor incorporeal young lad fell into the egg. He passed thru the shell and landed inside. He peers out thru the foggy shell no clue where he is or what happened to him. Feeling safe and comfy inside there he stayed.
- Should ye come across this wreck and find this egg, please gently crack it open and befriend this lonely lad. Hell be your best mate forever.
- It was a dark and stormy night, all Hallows' Eve. I was in my lonely manor fixing myself a cup of warm bedtime grog when I heard it: laughter, but faint and far away. I recognized it as children at the door, so I abandoned my grog for the candy bowl and made my way to the parlor. To my surprise, no pint-sized pirates were there, no chorus of excited "trick or treat!", just my dark porch. The breeze blew a chill through, and I shut the door with a shiver. I collected my grog and traced my way, back through the dim rooms, back to my bedroom, only pausing on the staircase to shiver again as I noticed a window left oddly open, the curtains rustling in the wind.
- I thought I caught more faint laughter right as I approached the bedroom door, and hesitated, maybe the children were back at the door? But a different kind of chill went through me as I realized the sound came not from the hall, but from behind the door. With a sudden burst of courage I pushed the door open; it easily gave, a sudden swirl of wind from within pulling as I pushed. The sight gave me an immediate fright- all the eggs I'd placed around my room had turned to ghostly white with gaping, black expressions. However, my heart quickly calmed as the wind revealed the fluttering edges of fabric: a silly joke played by the neighborhood children through the windows.
- "I must not give good enough candy!" I thought as I inspected their craftsmanship, picking up an egg to see which pattern it concealed.
- But the fabric did not fall away, my fingers found no edge. With a piercing sense of dread, the wind blustered once more, whipping off the sheets on all the eggs but one. I gazed transfixed on the soulless eyes as childlike laughter echoed, loud above the wailing wind and fabric. Somewhere far off, I felt myself drop the grog.
- There were rumors. Folks at the inn spoke of a demon that prowled the straits north of the islands. The Dire Straits, they called them. Every seafarer was at its mercy.
- My crew fancied ourselves heroes. We stocked a Grand Frigate, rallied our forces, and set sail.
- As we approached the strait, the air grew warmer. The bilge-water darkened, turning red. We pressed on. A ghastly squawk, rough and high-pitched and inhuman, filled the air. I shivered. The squawks grew louder. Then we saw it.
- A glowing, ghostly form, ablaze with vermilion flames, growing nearer by the second. We should have turned back, but we were foolhardy.
- We set it in our cannons' sights and fired. The cannonballs passed through it without harm. Letting out another squawk, it attacked.
- Nobody survived. When we came to ourselves, we were nothing more than skeletons, and our ship was a ghost of its former self. We hung a new banner, that day, and took on a new name as a warning: El Pollo Diablo.
- The real shock, though, was found in the hold. Resting in a quiet corner, glowing faintly. A ghostly egg, just beginning to stir.
Each winner received a Nemesis egg, Frost's ghostling egg, a lime rose, and five Shiny Sun Points.
Runners-up Dexla, Jacktar, and Imp each received Frost's ghostling egg and two Shiny Sun Points.
Honorable Mentions were awarded to Herowena, Stephs, Janepeg, and Firstround, who each received Frost's ghostling egg and one Shiny Sun Point.
EGGY DOODLE #8: Dexla's Underwater Egg
March 25 - Create your own savory island paradise in egg form! Whip up a fabulous omelet, frittata, or similar eggy delight in island form with landmarks and decorations using food.
Each winner received a Nemesis egg, Dexla's underwater egg, a violet daisy, and five Shiny Sun Points.
Runners-up Greyladyy, Firstround, and Minsiem each received Dexla's underwater egg and two Shiny Sun Points.
Honorable Mentions were awarded to Quansha, Faeree, Budclare, and Wayfarer, who each received Dexla's underwater egg and one Shiny Sun Point.
EGGY DOODLE #9: Bookling's Mushroom Egg
March 26 - Write a piratey parody of any song that originally contained food somewhere in its lyrics, without changing the food portions of the original song.
- So, bye, bye Miss Piraty Pie
- Drove my Sloopy to the lagune but the lagune was dry
- Them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rum
- Singin' this'll be the day with that scum
- This'll be the day with that scum
- Full text
- I be doin' the things pirates ought to do,
- But all the while, I'll be plotting too,
- I'll eat my candy with the pork and beans,
- Then chase yer ship across the b-nav screen!
- Conspirin' with zombies and skellies and the like,
- Ye might wonder what I be trying to hide!
- Take a whiff, but ye'll find I don't stink.
- Mayhaps I'll tell ye sometime o'er a drink.
- Full text
- When cannonballs fly like a big pizza pie
- That's a blockade,
- When the ship seems to spin like you're trapped in a wind,
- That's a sink.
- Full text
Each winner received a Galene egg, Bookling's mushroom egg, a brown daisy, and five Shiny Sun Points.
Runners-up Greyladyy, Quansha, and Doggbreath each received Bookling's mushroom egg and two Shiny Sun Points.
Honorable Mentions were awarded to Lastcall, Firstround, Faeree, and Herowena, who each received Bookling's mushroom egg and one Shiny Sun Point.
EGGY DOODLE #10: Kevinstar's Rouge Wave Egg
March 27 - Create an Egg Coozy! Something suitable for our OM eggs so they can really stand up. Something with WAVES.
Doggbreath of Cerulean (entry)
Firstround of Emerald (entry)
Each winner received a Galene egg, Kevinstar's rouge wave egg, a red lily, and five Shiny Sun Points.
Runners-up Quansha, Herowena, and Kevinstar each received Kevinstar's rouge wave egg and two Shiny Sun Points.
Honorable Mentions were awarded to Greyladyy, Faeree, Wayfarer, and Lastcall, who each received Kevinstar's rouge wave egg and one Shiny Sun Point.
EGGY DOODLE #11: Feix's Golden Egg
March 28 - Build an edible treasure chest made completely out of Easter candy, about the size needed to hold a theoretical golden egg.
Each winner received a Galene egg, Feix's golden egg, a gold orchid, and five Shiny Sun Points.
Runners-up Greyladyy, Cattrin, and Faeree each received Feix's golden egg and two Shiny Sun Points.
Honorable Mentions were awarded to Alpha, Firstround, and Wayfarer, who each received Feix's golden egg and one Shiny Sun Point.
EGGY DOODLE #12: Firstround's Admiral Egg
March 29 - Design a new ship feature (i.e. figurehead, cannon, helm, etc) appropriate to the Spring/Easter season. This is just an image, not a 3-D piece.
Each winner received a Galene egg, Firstround's admiral egg, a blue rose, and five Shiny Sun Points.
Runners-up Quansha, Lastcall, and Budclare each received Firstround's admiral egg and two Shiny Sun Points.
Honorable Mentions were awarded to Firstround, Herowena, Greyladyy, and Striker, who each received Firstround's admiral egg and one Shiny Sun Point.
The following doodlers completed every doodle, for which they were each awarded an egg:
- Alpha of Emerald
- Cattrin of Cerulean
- Doggbreath of Cerulean
- Faeree of Cerulean
- Firstround of Emerald
- Greyladyy of Cerulean
- Herowena of Cerulean
- Lastcall of Emerald
- Quansha of Emerald