Raw commodities can be purchased at commodities markets via the bid ticket system, pillaged from merchant brigands, or simply be bought by setting a competitive buy price in the shoppe or stall, and waiting for either merchant brigands or players to sell these to the shoppe or stall. Refined commodities are manufactured from raw commodities at stalls or shoppes; these can be further processed into different commodities. Finished commodities have completed the manufacturing process and are ready for delivery.
"Raw" commodities consist of materials spawned by the game itself, along with a few intermediate products created by pirates which are used in the crafting of finished goods. This includes such things as "basic" commodities, herbs, minerals, and various forageables.
- Broom flower
- Butterfly weed
- Iris root
- Lily of the valley
- Old man's beard
- Pokeweed berries
- Gold nugget
|- - Fruits - -||- - Gems - -||- - (Other) - -|
"Refined" commodities consist entirely of intermediate products created by pirates which are then used in the crafting of various finished goods. These products include such things as ship supplies, cloth (and fine cloth), dyes, enamels, and paints.
^ Kraken's blood is available only from pillaging.
- Commonly discussed ideas from Game Design
- YPP Tax Data mean market prices on all oceans.
- Pirate Commodity Trader, a Java application for collecting, sharing, and analyzing data on commodity prices around the oceans.
- Pirate Commodity Trader with Bleach, an alternate version which has web based searching.
- List of commodity spawns
- List of items with recipes for creation