Feel free to leave a new message.
'Hoy, Callistan - just wondering about your sig. Do you have to do that manually (cut'n'paste, whatever), or is there a way for --~~~~ to automagically enter User:Username/sig? --Stephen atte Smythe 18:10, 15 Jul 2005 (UTC)
- Nickname is the closest thing in mediawiki, but it get's wrapped as a link, not as a template. I
havehad the text on my user page, which I copy pasted for a while.
- Wikipedia extension for Firefox is what I use now. It has a "signature" button that I modified. To do this, find the extension's jar file (~/<blah>/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/<blah>/extensions/<blah>/chrome/wikipedia.jar), extract content/wikipedia/wikipedia.js and content/wikipedia/wikipediaOverlay.xul, replace the hard coded string --~~~~ (once in each) with whatever, and update the jar file, Restart Firefox and enjoy.
- In the interest of full disclosure, some frown on transclusions in signatures. — Callistan (talk/contrib) 23:08, 15 Jul 2005 (UTC)
- I couldn't think of anywhere else to note this but another way of doing so (especially if you don't have Firefox) is, under preferences change 'Nickname' to the code for what you want you're signatures to be (eg [[User:TheBeaver|Angelbeaver]] <sup>([[User_talk:TheBeaver|talk]])</sup> ) and check the Raw signatures. On the other hand this does leave the wiki officially noting your nickname as a line of wiki formatting and I'm not too sure if that is the wiki equivalent of bad programming style. --Angelbeaver (talk) 16:20, 18 July 2006 (PDT)
The Jet image looks great, but I'm concerned about the size of the Viridian/Cobalt archipelagos. Each one has 18 islands. Midnight archs only have 7-8 islands. --Barrister 00:58, 2 August 2005 (PDT)
Wow. That's an amazing framework you've provided for map making. I've viewed the charts under both Firefox and Safari, and they look great. --Barrister 03:10, 6 August 2005 (PDT)
By the way, I've started work on Cobalt and Viridian arches, which *just* fit onto the page (around 30 x 30 each). I'll echo Barrister's comments; amazing work, Callistan. – Yaten talk 08:12, 6 August 2005 (PDT)
- Cool, I figured we'd have to add more math templates to make it happen. Great work there, you put the maps together much faster than I was able to! — Callistan (talk/contrib) 18:06, 6 August 2005 (PDT)
I've just come by to tell you that you're scary, but great :) --Guppymomma 08:48, 6 August 2005 (PDT)
Congrats, mate. The charts look great, and I think they add a lot to the island pages. Very well done. --AtteSmythe 09:32, 8 August 2005 (PDT)
Perhaps it would be better to have a discussion in the buildings category talk page rather than having all of us copy and paste our remarks on every single bazaar talk page. --Guppymomma 17:58, 14 August 2005 (PDT)
- Agreed, though each of the pages I'm marking ought to be deleted. Perhaps proposing is too lenient, and I should have just deleted them as candidates for speedy deletion. — Callistan (talk/contrib) 17:59, 14 August 2005 (PDT)
- I'd rather have the discussion first, before the deletion. :-) --Barrister 19:13, 14 August 2005 (PDT)
- Okey everyone come discuss. Category_talk:Buildings --Guppymomma 21:06, 14 August 2005 (PDT)
Unused chart gifs?
Is it okay to delete those or are you still wanting to implement them? --Guppymomma 07:17, 23 September 2005 (PDT)
- Nope, perfectly ok to delete them, which I've done except for the X, which may be useful still? It can always be re-uploaded later I suppose. The earlier bug of not being able to delete or replace files seems to be gone, though I don't see anything on the Known bugs page specifically saying that's been fixed. — Callistan (talk/contrib) 23:54, 26 September 2005 (PDT)
- Okee, thanks! It's not really fixed still. But yeah, deleting has been more likely to work lately and I'm not sure why. Yaten's been experimenting with page cache purge to see if it helps anything, but so far no. And the stats page bug is still there, we're using a manual fix right now (see the discussion page for known bugs). --Guppymomma 07:20, 27 September 2005 (PDT)
Featured article border on main page
I switched it back because the colors of the outlines & backgrounds were specifically chosen by Nemo and it'd probably be a good idea to run it by him before switching. --Guppymomma 06:27, 15 February 2006 (PST)
- Groovy, I mentioned it elsewhere, where I expect he'll see and respond. — Callistan (talk/contrib) 07:08, 15 February 2006 (PST)
You broke the main page! :-)
Pssst... You misspelled Shop Management on your Feb 2nd change -- Emerson
Hoya, Callistan: Good to meetcha, actually. Er, about your creation of Morpheusshad: It had an awful lot of errors and such. Try studying the more "standard" pages like Llama and Attesmythe to see how to "properly" format things (using '''foo''' rather than [[foo]] for bolding, only bolding the first usage, etc.). --Emufarmers 01:36, 11 June 2006 (PDT)
- Yes, I'm well aware of the difference between [] and triple-quotes. I put the page together hastily, with intent to clean in a second draft, but thanks for going back so very quickly to edit it. As to vanity, I disagree completely with your marking it as such, even under the old policy. See the discussion for my reasoning. — Callistan (talk/contrib) 02:19, 11 June 2006 (PDT)
- Well, no offense intended; just marking it following what seemed to be the prevailing thought on how the guidelines were applied. (I don't disagree with your reasoning, by the way; I just saw that others might.) --Emufarmers 22:57, 11 June 2006 (PDT)
I switched the code to inside the html comment because people were copy & pasting the stuff from the usage notes after hitting edit including all the br's and nowiki tags. --Guppymomma 21:44, 20 October 2006 (PDT)