Welcome to the wiki. This is not a place to create "homepages" or websites for crews/flags. Rather it is a place for factual encyclopedia type articles. For additional help, please look at how to create an article and policies & guidelines. --Guppymomma 11:12, 29 December 2005 (PST)
Just FYI, YPPedia's search engine doesn't take things shorter than 3 letters so your QM redirect won't really be helpful. Also, please don't redirect Quarter Master to only the tool page because Quartermaster is also a title that folks could be looking for. Instead, create a disambiguation page. For an example of one, take a look at skull. --Guppymomma 09:02, 20 February 2006 (PST)
FYI, we generally don't edit other people's user pages, even to fix broken links. We limit edits to removing highly-offensive material and the like. If you want to fix a link, I recommned explaining the process on the user's talk page. --Barrister 13:41, 9 July 2006 (PDT)
- Righty-ho, thanks. --Angelbeaver 15:25, 9 July 2006 (PDT)
To whom did they merge, and if it's known, why? It'd be nice to have a note on their page. Thanks! --AtteSmythe 19:55, 16 July 2006 (PDT)
- I need to double check the details, but then Okees. --Angelbeaver 03:23, 17 July 2006 (PDT)
I don't know if you check recent changes, and it just struck me that you won't get a new message indication for the talk page I just made. Check out User:TheBeaver/Portrait/Mockup and its associated help page to guide you in your featured article formatting. --AtteSmythe 08:58, 20 July 2006 (PDT)
With regards to this: There is no stub type for defunct crews/flags/buildings; generally, the stub tag is removed altogether, because the destruction of the article's subject makes it highly unlikely that any more information will ever be added. (Except by a person with some interest in the subject, who wouldn't be looking through the stub list anyway.) --Emufarmers 21:58, 26 July 2006 (PDT)
Lol i have no clue what you just said... This is new to me :S
- No worries :). Before I begin, there are a couple of things you might find useful for talk pages (like this); finnish your message with --~~~~ to add your name and the time. You can use a colon (:) to indent when replying to a message.
- To use templates go to the appropriate template page, like Template: Infobox flag and scroll down to Usage Notes. Copy the funny looking script there and put it into your page at the top. Don't remove anything from the thing you added, just fill in the info. So for '|flagname=' add Zion so '|flagname= Zion' then go on to do the next one. That help or do you still have questions? --Angelbeaver (talk) 12:40, 16 August 2006 (PDT)
I did that to start just deleted the info and replaced it with my own lol. --Wotto 15:18, 16 August 2006 (PDT)
FYI, when writing out a sentence, shoppe types should not be capitalized. For example, "I bought a sword from an iron monger." I noticed you capitalized some of the shoppe types in your recent building pages. In contrast, the shoppe types in infoboxes should be capitalized. (I know it's a bit inconsistent.) Thanks! --Barrister 15:42, 17 August 2006 (PDT)
- >_< That's what I get for just copy and pasting from one other article. Thanks for letting me know though. --Angelbeaver (talk) 15:45, 17 August 2006 (PDT)
?????? i am frusterated i searched swabbies and and it gave me nothing soi madeone then it was destroyed and re routed WHY??????????????????????? i am frustrated
- There is already an article about swabbies, it is just under the official name. Your article was changed into a page which takes a used looking for swabbies to the information so there is no need for copies of an article. It is much like dictionarys which have see: x for multiple words with one meaning.--Angelbeaver (talk) 20:39, 17 August 2006 (PDT)
- Just FYI, I've protected the page as a redirect so discussion can be had rather than an edit war. --Guppymomma 20:45, 17 August 2006 (PDT)
thanks for that and informing me of the rules
Ahh, my mistake. I thought Barrister was making a joke - after all how much neutrality can there be in a two sentence biography? If you prefer, I can put the flag back (provided it hasn't already been put back, of course).
Ok, thanks for the assistance! I have another favor to ask if you have a moment. My page says "Familiars won", but I bought it so it should probably say "Familiars bought" or "Current Familiars", but I don't know how to navigate through what appears to be function calls to edit the display. Please advise?
Mine seems to skip the talk part :-/ --Rsenkrantz 14:48, 24 August 2006 (PDT)
- That little (talk) thing that AngelBeaver has is something he customized. --AtteSmythe 15:15, 24 August 2006 (PDT)
My Pirate's Infobox
None of the Admins have ever said anything about it and it has been there for some time. Also I do not see how it is any different than the info boxes for crews, flags, islands and buildings. It is a quick summary of my pirate, detailing who he is and where his loyalties lie. I feel that the pirate info box should include this type information to make the pirate pages fit more with the aforementioned pages.
That being said I did remove the manages list as it seems a bit unwielding and was causing most of your concerns. I had been feeling that it was making the box too big for some time and your note was the catalist to remove it. I have seen similar boxes on other pirate pages but they are rare since there is not an official template as such. Until such time that an admin feels it needs to go I would prefer to keep it.--Kgarrett1969 09:47, 25 September 2006 (PDT)
- I'm just stating my opinion and getting that of the rest of the community :) --Angelbeaver (talk) 10:42, 25 September 2006 (PDT)
FYI, I rolled back your change to the Looterati page. Eliterati is not the origin of the name. (In fact, it's a play on "literati".)
Here's a little project for ya if you have time, we need text to make the greeter article the featured article since it's part of the new release stuff. Any interest in writing up the short blurb for it? --Guppymomma 09:41, 19 October 2006 (PDT)
- Ah ha! If you're image edity, just appropriately crop the one here, if you're not, let me know and I can do it for you. --Guppymomma 11:32, 19 October 2006 (PDT)
Crewstubs on Defunct crews
Ahoy mate. I purposefully didn't not incude a crewstub tag because The jamaican sailors are a defunct crew. My understanding is the crewstub tag can be removed if it is obvious that there will be no more history added to a crew such as in the case of a defunct crew. There just isn't anyone around to update the page with any history outside of what I already included. No point in making someone go through all the defunct crews and working on cleaning them up. I'm going to remove the tag again but feel free to disagree with me in the talk page of the crew page. --Kgarrett1969 10:18, 24 October 2006 (PDT)
Actually, you got it a bit backwards. The file name ought to be Art-Reiray-pirate.jpg--Fiddler 13:26, 28 October 2006 (PDT)