Vargas the Mad
Vargas the Mad is one of the original five Brigand Kings introduced to the game in April 2006. So far it appears that he is the sole king to exclusively rumble, technically making him a Barbarian King. He is captain of the crew Circle of Madness and king of the flag The Enlightened on all English oceans. On the Opal Ocean he goes by the name Vargas der Irre and is captain of the crew Zirkel des Wahnsinns and king of the flag Die Erleuchteten. On the Jade Ocean, he is named Vargas el Loco, and is captain of the crew Círculo de la locura and king of the flag El Iluminado.
As part of 2008 Halloween events, Vargas made his first appearance in-game. Hints were given in a form of riddle on various nights which was related to him. Not only that, he left a statue of himself during the Masquerade Ball event, which then leads to the introduction of Cursed Isles.
He leads the cultists in the Cursed Isles and occasionally appears there for rumble fights.
Note: While there have been posts in the forum done under the guise of the Brigand Kings, these are unofficial postings made by players that are not Ocean Masters or any other Three Rings or Grey Havens staff and are not approved.
- By decree of the owner of this island, Vargas the Mad, every inhabitant will perform a solemn duty corresponding to the day of the week:
- Monday: Each citizen must harass all of the island's sleeping turtles.
- Tuesday: Each citizen must wear a fez in one of three colors: maroon, brown or blue.
- Wednesday: Each citizen must rumble at least three times with a fish.
- Thursday: Each citizen must contemplate their madness till enlightened.
- Friday: Each citizen must participate in a mock naval battle commemorating the victory of Vargas over Finius.
- Saturday: Each citizen must juggle at least seven fruit simultaneously. Rambutan are not acceptable juggling fruit.
- Sunday: Each citizen must toss a caber at least 10 yards.
- Welcome, swellcome, glitter me timbers! Here's a palace for Vargas if he ever remembers! Think ye on this though, afore leavin' me isle: gold fuels me madness so drop some on the pile!
- Wiggle, wiggle little worms! Bumble-bee buzzers crawling like germs! Bang and clatter and hammer and make, slither and blather - making things for my sake!
Vargas the Mad's flotilla icon as seen on Yer known world.
Trinkets and furniture
|Grimoire page||Jigsaw puzzle piece||Reading pipe||Scientific tome||Siren's comb||Vargas the Mad
(Vargas the Mad)
|Vargas the Mad
|Vargas the Mad|
Current flotilla position
|This Brigand King does not currently have a flotilla on Cerulean. It might be busy blockading or in hiding.||Currently 1 league point(s) southwest of Wensleydale.||This Brigand King does not currently have a flotilla on Meridian. It might be busy blockading or in hiding.||This Brigand King does not currently have a flotilla on Obsidian. It might be busy blockading or in hiding.|
|Edit flotilla locations|