Bowditch Island (Sage)
|The subject of this article is obsolete and no longer present in the game.|
|Information presented here may no longer apply to the current game. It is retained primarily for historical interest.|
|Bowditch Island on the Sage Ocean|
|Large island in the Stork Archipelago|
Click on the map for a larger version.
|Controlled by||Hardcore Explorers|
Bowditch Island is a large island located in the Stork Archipelago. There are three known routes from this island: Hinga Island, Scrimshaw Island, and an inter-archipelago route to Scurvy Reef in the Osprey Archipelago.
The naming theme of Bowditch is all things "Monty Python", including references to the British comedy group's actors, skits, songs, and movies.
- Go Oil Your Beards (bazaar)
- Bring out your Dye (upgraded)
- If She Whisks The Same As A Duck (upgraded)
- Salves of Silly Persons (upgrade)
- Hypocrisy Apothecary (upgraded)
- Rum Away (bazaar)
- Distiller Rabbit of Carbs'nGrog (upgraded)
- Lady of the Rumless Lake
- Ministry of Swilly Walks (upgraded)
- Rum and Soldiers (upgraded)
- Rum From Stein Twenty-Four
- Tim The Decanters
- The Dreaded Three Bedded Knight (bazaar)
- My Barrels Explode With Delight
- The Christmas Workshop (upgraded)
- The Comfy Chair
- I've got two Legs and Lacquer
- Aural Shacks (right-facing shack)
- Castle Arrrrrrrrrrggghh (left-facing villa)
- Cottage Cleese Shop (left-facing cottage)
- Doctor in the Row House (right-facing row house)
- Floating Circus (right-facing pirate hall)
- Idle Estates (left-facing estate)
- It's Only a Mansion (right-facing mansion)
- Live Organ Townhouses (left-facing townhouse)
- Swamp Castle (right-facing manor)
- What the Cabins (right-facing cabin)
- Furnace Moore (bazaar)
- Armament Clinic
- Arsenal (upgraded)
- Cannonballs Do Migrate (upgraded)
- Do Not Adjust Your Balls
- Holy Foil (upgraded)
- It's Swell To Have a Scimmy (upgraded)
- Knives of Ni (upgraded)
- Life of Iron
- Norwegian Flue (upgraded)
- Shoppe Of Armaments (upgraded)
- Supreme Executive Cannonballs
- The Bright Side of Knives (upgraded)
- Every Sloop is Sacred (bazaar)
- Biggus Briggius (upgraded)
- Briggles, Fetch the Cushions (upgraded)
- Fish and Ships License (upgraded)
- French Frigger
- Lemon Cutter (upgraded)
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- The Brig Side of Life (upgraded)
- The Dirty Fork
- The Knights Who Say Baghlah (upgraded)
- The Mastiah (upgraded)
- We Have Ways of Making You Sloops
- Whizzo Quality Ship Assortment
- Help, Help I'm Being Redressed (bazaar)
- Fit on My Fez (upgraded)
- I'm a LumberJacket and I'm OK (upgraded)
- Long Nasty Pointed Pleats
- Romans Sew Home (upgraded)
- She Turned Me Into A Suit (upgraded)
- We Demand A Haberdashery (upgraded)
- Bring Out Your Thread (bazaar)
- Blessed Be The Weavemakers (upgraded)
- Redneck Sweat Shop (upgraded)
- How Not to be Seam
- The Shroud of Turin (upgraded)
Bowditch is controlled by Black Flag.
In the middle of the eastern rock wall surrounding the forest in the middle bears the inscription reading "This island were fashioned by Belgarion."
Bowditch is named for navigation pioneer Nathaniel Bowditch.
Bowditch III, 2007-12-08: Hardcore Explorers defended against Raving Notion in another 3 round sinking blockade.
Bowditch VI, 2008-04-26: Undeclared again defeat the attack of Azarbad the Great and his flag The All-Consuming Flame in a three round sinking blockade. The BK still had one strength left at the end of the blockade.
2008-04-29 Bowditch was transferred to Hardcore Explorers by Undeclared.
Bowditch X, 2008-08-30: Hardcore Explorers took control of the island in a three round non-sinking blockade.
Bowditch XIV, 2009-03-21: Shadows Of Sage took control of the island in a four round sinking blockade.
Bowditch XVI, 2009-05-02: Good Grief took control of the island in a three round sinking blockade.
Bowditch XIX, 2009-12-20: Blades of Sage won the island in a three round non-sinking blockade against Good Grief.
Bowditch XX, 2010-01-17 Blades of Sage successfully defend the island in a four round non-sinking blockade against No Parking.