The Ahoy! panel on the sunshine widget shows certain notices when they come up. The Ahoy! panel is usually empty, but can show:
- A notice informing you that new news and/or issues have appeared since your last login.
- A notice informing you of completed purchases and allows you to deliver them.
- Swordfighting, Rumbling, Drinking, or Treasure Drop challenges from other players.
- Trade requests from other players.
- Hearty requests from other players.
- Offers from other players to job for their crew.
- Jobbing requests from other players to job for your crew (for officers and above while sailing a ship).
- Offers from other players to join their crew.
- Information after pillages about how much booty was plundered and divided.
- Tournament and competition information.
- Results from the /who series of commands.
- The new pirate help message, which offers a direct link to missions, some game documents, the forums, and a logoff button. This screen automatically appears after changing islands, and can be enabled and disabled from the options panel.
- A notice, which shows up after every three hours of continuous play, reminding you to take a break.
- Treasure Haul notice, when you are near a sunken ship.
Some notices disappear over time, but some need to be acted upon by you (or the player that sent them to you) before they disappear.