|Taking Flight at a Glance|
|Senior Officer(s)||Aaronmann, Angellantis, Bdjon, Blacklace, Blackmullet, Clarityy, Ethion, Gruselda Jenks, Jjwallo, Nipsickle, Sammehh, Saradoodle, Soaran, Staroe, Sweetcharity, Yargsire|
|Founded||15 July, 2009|
|Last updated on 10 November, 2013|
Taking Flight is a crew that sails on the Meridian Ocean, formerly the Viridian Ocean. It was founded by Kyriel, and it flies the flag of Antheas.
Taking Flight was founded under the name Apex on the July 15, 2009, flying the flag Ice. By early 2010 the crew had moved to the flag Sailor's Delight.
This crew has proudly been a member of the following flags: Ice, Antheas, Rum Soaked Devils, United We Stand, The Wrath of Armageddon, Brink of Dawn, Pirate's Treasure, Post Mortem, Renegade Rebels, Shadows of Viridian, and Sailor's Delight.
At some stage in 2010, the crew was renamed Infamous and moved back to the flag Antheas.
Sometime in 2012 or 2013, the crew's name changed again, this time to Taking Flight.
Taking Flight, a bird on the wing, leaving the nest to fly and sing...
Extended public statement
Ahoy there mates!
Taking Flight is always recruiting new members! Feel free to ask any officer+ during/after a pillage and we'll sign you right up.
We are a friendly, open crew who enjoy puzzling, pillaging and pokering. Whether you prefer your cards, or your carps, we'll welcome you with open arms. Just remember that we're all in this Boat.. I mean plane together, so let's have fun!
There is a crew hall on Harmattan Island in the French Quarters.
We are a friendly crew that enjoys puzzling, encouraging one another, and just having fun together. We do have a few rules we follow to help the crew run smoothly.
1. We use PTB on all small ships. Permission to Board is out to the OIC (officer in charge) of the pillage. The Captain and First mate are always immune from using PTB.
2. Treat fellow pirates with kindness and respect. Encourage your crewmates to achieve their best.
3. Always obey the OIC (officer in charge) when pillaging. If you have a complaint take it up after the pillage with the OIC or any senior officer either in tells or in Officer chat.
4. If an XO is needed, the OIC will choose 1 - all other officers please let these two work together as a team. It confuses jobbers if too many people are issuing orders
5. Take part in crew pillages. We announce crew pillages in crew chat when these are announced PTB does not apply and all are welcome.
6. Crew come first!!! If the crew shouts for help please do so, if for some reason you can not come at that moment send a tell to the officer requesting help and let them know why you are unable to come. Crew Loyalty is very important.
7. Remember this is a game and we are all here to have fun and enjoy our lives as pirates. <3 <3 <3
Everyone is eligible for promotion. Work hard, puzzle well and, most importantly, show your diligence and loyalty to the crew and flag. Any Senior Officer or Captain has the right to bestow a probationary officership on a pirate so long as they have been with the crew at least a week. Pirates so promoted will have the title of Midshipman until they have passed the Officer’s test. Passing the Officer’s test does not necessarily mean a promotion to Fleet Officer. Owning a badge or a ship does not guarantee promotion.
- A Pirate Badge - Must exhibit Qualities including courtesy and respect.
- An Officer Badge. - Distinguished Battle Navigation. - At least a week in the crew. - A new quality needed called "Leadership". - A new quality needed called "Team Work". - A new quality needed called "Crew Loyalty". - Pass the officer test. - Once again owning a ship and an Officer badge doesn't guarantee a promotion. - Must accept Terms and Conditions of "Officer Guide" (Accessible from Taking Flight crew hall).
- Fleet Officer
- A new quality needed called "Full Trust". - All requirements of Officer. - Pillages get good results. - An officer for AT LEAST a month.
- Senior Officer :
- The most trusted members of Taking Flight. - Recieve positive votes from other Senior Officers and/or Captain. - Must have successfully trained another Officer. - The officer to be trained will be chosen by one of the Senior Officers or the Captain.
If an FO/SO robs our ships, the OM's will not give refunds to any of us because they have already refunded for this crew. Therefore it is important to safeguard ourselves from theft. I encourage all mates to leave their ships unlocked so that others may use them, and if you ever go dormant for years, we can continue to use them and we will then love you forever even if you never know it. However, every ship that is left unlocked should also be left empty, unless it's on an uninhabited island, or unless you're not worried about such a small loss. It could happen again. This goes contrary to popular crew restock policies, but when you just stop and think about it, my method makes more sense for safety rather than convenience.
If you have a lot of stuff on a ship, with a worth of 10k or more, then please, lock your ship. If you check your vessel records and see that someone stole, report it to me or an SO (if any). I (Aaronmann) am willing to handle the reporting of the thief properly with the OM, and I am willing to refund up to 35k of my own poe (at my discretion) to any individual that I can prove was stolen from. You mates should be able to feel safe in the crew you're in, and theft won't be tolerated here and neither will scamming.
GENERAL CHAT POLICIES:
Some basics ... be respectful to all of your crew mates or walk the plank. If anyone ever says or does something that seriously offends you, report the issue to me in private so I can work out a solution. If the event was serious enough it will result in the offender being expelled. I'll want to hear both sides, sure, but the fact is, if you cause a problem with someone once, the two of you will probably not get along, and therefore, need to be separated. I won't keep arguing mates together in the crew.
I don't like spam. Sending more than 5 lines of chat per second is grounds for immediate expulsion. I don't care if you're just goofing around and having fun, don't do it. Ever. I also dont want a lot of chatter in the crew chat channel if there are a lot of jobbers. Let those mates focus on their puzzles by not distracting them with chatter unless we're running a very large, multi-ship operation (like a blockade).
Jobbing mates from outside the crew to fill ships for voyages is crucial. Please keep control of your jobbers, don't let them spam up the jobbing chat or do anything else that's too disruptive. If one of your jobbers crosses the sanity line, plank them. At the end of a voyage, I ask that all jobbers be dismissed from the crew, except for flag mates or hearties. Please be careful if more than one voyage is running at once. Don't dismiss someone else's jobbers while they're still out at sea! Likewise with the call-all-hands button. Do not call pirates in battle or on board another ship if another voyage is running. If jobbers are idle on a ship, plank them first, then dismiss them, to empty the ship, then the crew. Thank them for coming first, and warn them that it's customary for us to clear them out after a voyage (unless you plan to hold them for another voyage), this way it doesn't surprise them and they whine about being planked or dismissed. If you're not sure if another voyage is running, ask on officer channel ( type this: /o anyone using these jobbers? ) - AND GO LOOK FOR SHIPS AT SEA! You can check from any dock. Sometimes an officer might want to reuse jobbers for a whole new voyage, so check before dismissing.
This engaged in a PVP against mother and son in an epic battle to win the victory.
Winning Side - Mrsskeggs' Team (Mother) Mrsskeggs, Mrtosh, Hizumi, Oldmanjinkle and Shopot!
Losing Side - Vold's Team (Son) Vold, Turminatorpro, Tubic, Stadoe and Aaronmann!
Congratulations to the winners! Mothers really DO know more then their sons! Thank you to everyone who participated!
The average number of vessels owned is 227.
Types of vessel
|Frost class sloop||
|Emerald class sloop||
|Rogue class sloop||
|Inferno class sloop||
|Midas class sloop||
|Verdant class cutter||
|Cupid class war brig||
|Imperial class war frigate||
Taking Flight has a majority of the available ships.