Managers have full power to administer the shoppe, stall, or house. They have access to anything and everything in there, including any commodities in the hold, any PoE stored in the coffer or in chests, and any other items stored in storage furniture (including familiars). Owners should therefore pick only highly trusted players as managers. (It is best not to grant random requests for managership of stalls or shoppes.)
Managers cannot, however, steal furniture placed within the shoppe/stall/house. If a manager tries to steal furniture belonging to the owner (or to another manager), that furniture item will merely be sent back to its owner's inventory.
Managers are listed in the shoppe panel (called the "house panel" in the case of a house). Roommates in a pirate hall are not listed. However, they are already known, since they are automatically the monarch and royals (in the case of a flag hall), or the captain and senior officers (in the case of a crew hall).
The owner can add and remove new managers or roommates. Players who are to become managers or roommates must be logged in when they are granted their privileges. Any player who is already a manager or roommate at a location can also choose to give up these privileges at any time:
- Roommates can leave using the "move out!" button found on the "configure house" menu. This does not apply to pirate halls, in which roommate status is handled automatically.
- Managers may quit using the "quit management" button found on the "manage labor" menu.
How many managers?
There are limits to the number of managers for shoppes and stalls:
- Shoppe (biggest) - 5 Managers
- Deluxe stall; fort; palace; all attractions - 2 Managers
- Medium stall - 1 Manager
- Small stall (smallest) - 0 Managers
There are also limits to the number of roommates for houses:
- Estate (biggest) - 5 Roommates
- Mansion - 5 Roommates
- Villa - 4 Roommates
- Manor - 4 Roommates
- Townhouse - 3 Roommates
- Row House - 3 Roommates
- Cottage - 2 Roommates
- Bungalow - 2 Roommates
- Cabin - 1 Roommate
- Shack (smallest) - 1 Roommate
- Spanish article: Gerente