To help encourage creative pirates, Nemo heads Art Forums in The Mariner's Muse. Each Art Forum project starts with a subject of a suitably piratical bent. Then, any who wish to participate do a sketch of the subject. Participants range from complete beginners to professional artists. The community comments and gives advice and praise, and the artists move forward with the work using a variety of mediums. Eventually everyone finishes a piece, we all discuss them and compliment each other and start over with a new subject. It's great fun and can improve the work of the amateur and master alike.
To take a screenshot of the game, use one of the following methods.
- Type the chat command /print. This will save an image of the game window to the desktop.
- Press Control-p. This will save an image of the game window to the desktop.
- Press Command-Shift-3 if using a Macintosh computer. This will save an image of the entire screen to the desktop.
- Press the Alt and Print Screen buttons if using a Windows computer. This will save an image of the currently active window to the clipboard. This image then needs to be pasted into a graphics editing program.
There are many free programs available for graphics editing. All Windows computers come with MSPaint, a basic eding program that allows for simple manipulations such as resizes. A list of various drawing programs can be found at the end of this article.
Puzzle Pirates' Art Community
- The Mariner's Muse - forum for piratey creative endeavors
- Avatar - information on forum avatars
- Fan art
- Art Forums
- Yohoho Tools - free, program used to create islands and scenes similar to the game
- Paint Shop Pro - free 30 day trial available
- The GIMP - free, emulates many functions of Adobe Photoshop, but can be difficult to learn how to use for beginners
|Art | Avatar | Avatar artists directory | Art tutorials | Portrait Backgrounds | Portrait Background Contest|
|Image Galleries: Art Forum | Avatar art | Avatar artists | Fan art | Featured art|
|Contest entry images | Blockade propaganda | Portrait background entries | Portrait backgrounds | Retired portrait backgrounds|