The crew panel on the sunshine widget shows several things, depending on a pirate's current situation. Some of the following will appear.
Buttons and lists
- An "Info" button for that jobbing crew.
- A "Leave crew" button for that jobbing crew.
- A list of members of the jobbing crew, divided between online and offline.
If a pirate is currently a crew member:
- An "Info" button for that crew, which links to that crew's info page.
- An "Issues" button for that crew, which links to that crew's news and issues page.
- A list of fellow crew members, divided between online and offline.
If a pirate is not a member of a crew, but meets the requirements to start a crew:
- A button for a pirate to make his or her own crew.
If a pirate is not a member of a crew, and does not meet the requirements to start a crew:
- A message explaining the requirements to start a crew. This can vary by ocean.
If a pirate has 1 or more hearty:
- A list of that pirate's hearties, divided between online and offline.
If a pirate does not have any hearties:
- A message explaining that the pirate's hearty list is empty.
On the jobbing crew (if applicable) and the crew lists, Clicking on a pirate in that list offers a menu of actions:
- Get pirate info - Pull up the pirate's info page.
- Tell - Same as the /tell command, which sends a private message to the pirate.
- Mute / Unmute - Same as the /mute or /unmute commands, which allow a pirate to choose whether or not they can hear a particular pirate.
On the crew list, officers (and above) have the following additional options. However, unless a pirate is the captain of an autocratic crew, some of these actions must be voted upon first. These actions are:
- Assign rank - Pirates may use this to promote or demote a fellow crew member, following the crew's politics. This cannot be used on a jobbing pirate.
- Assign title - Use this to give a pirate a title. This can only be done to crew members with a lower rank, and this cannot be used on a jobbing pirate.
- Expel - Boots the crew member from the crew. This action must be voted upon if used on someone ranked Pirate or above by an officer or fleet officer. Additionally, it must be voted upon if it is used on a senior officer or above by a senior officer. This action becomes "Dismiss Jobber" when used on a jobbing pirate; it will also plank the dismissed jobber if both pirates are on the same crew-owned ship.
On a pirate's hearty list, clicking on a pirate in the list offers a menu of actions:
- Tell - See above.
- Get pirate info - See above.
- Invite to job for crew - Same as the /job command.
- Invite to enter building - Same as the /invite command.
- Remove as yer hearty - Removes the hearty from that pirate's hearty list.
Before the hearty list was introduced with release 2003-12-13, it did not show up on the crew panel.
PoE total was added to the bottom of the crew panel with release 2005-03-28.
The expandable area for offline crewmates was added with release 2005-02-11.
The crew buttons (info, issues, and leave crew) were moved to the top of the crew area with release 2004-11-22.