A non-player pirate, also known as NPP, non-player character (NPC), or "bot", is a game character recognized by having a white name that is also two words (in the form of "Adjective Name").
Common examples of NPPs include brigands, the NPPs inside inns (including "old salts"), the NPPs wandering around colonized islands, the NPP captain and crew aboard the ships belonging to island navies, and the NPP captain and crew aboard the Pollywog tutorial ship.
NPPs can also be hired to help crew a ship. These NPPs are called swabbies.
Permanent creatures aboard ships
- The Alice class sloop has a rabbit pet.
- The Arctic class sloop has a yeti pet.
- The Bardic class sloop has a semi-transparent green banshee NPP.
- The Dream class sloop has both a drunken rumjug NPP and a dream sheep pet.
- The Howl class sloop has a werewolf NPP.
- The Phantom class sloop and war frigate each have a ghost NPP.
- The Skelly class war brig has a skeleton NPP.
- The Undead class sloop has a zombie NPP.
- The Vampire class sloop has a vampire NPP.
- The Verdant class sloop, cutter, and baghlah each have several rabbit pets.
- The Wondrous class xebec has a djinn NPP.
- Commonly discussed ideas from Game Design
- List of NPP quotes
- (Lists of known NPP adjectives and names):
- Spanish article: Pirata no jugador