Nobooty typically turns up an ocean for one of four reasons:
- To facilitate a golden ticket event.
- To run an edition of Booty or No Booty.
- To get in contact with an Ocean Master or to set up an event.
- To chat or get to know some of the native players.
Late in 2005, Piplicus sent a PM to Artemis, with an idea for a Puzzle Pirates version of the international TV game show Deal or No Deal. Over Christmas, the format evolved into a test-run on the Ice Ocean that took place in February, where all prizes given out were PoE. Rubbaduckie went away with 10,000 PoE. A couple of weeks later, with the inception of giftwrap, the main show was created. Nobooty was given a white name and an estate to host the show.
Nobooty, compared to an average white-named pirate, is incredibly opinionated, short-tempered and expects a lot out of the players. While he is fair to all pirates, he does not let stupidity or idiocy prevail. He abhors illiteracy, begging, 1337-speak and other forms or immaturity. That said, Nobooty is only strict when there is a large crowd; once the misbehavers have been planked (or fed to the house tiger), the atmosphere is considerably lighter and happier.
- Nobooty owns a rat called Booty or. He is occasionally gifted other pets by the Ocean Masters, but doesn't own any of them.
- Nobooty's favourite island to docktart on is Lima Island on Viridian.
- Nobooty has probably planked about 1000 pirates over the 6 months of Booty or No Booty so far.