YPPedia:Requests for adminship/Tyman 101
- The following discussion is preserved as an archive of a request for adminship that did not succeed. Please do not modify it.
Vote here (0/4/0) ending 03:55 Friday, March 16 (UTC)
Tyman_101 (talk • contribs) – I have been playing YPP since July 2005, editing the YPPedia since September 2006. This resource has helped myself in game, as well as helped me help greenies/other greeters as well. I have been recently adding screenshots of different buildings to their pages (on Viridian, will do other oceans as well), and I would like to help out even more, and think I could accomplish more with being an admin. I think I could put my YPP knowledge to fixing some pages that aren't noticed that have mistakes. Tyman 101 05:19, 9 March 2007 (PST)
- Candidate, please indicate acceptance of the nomination here: My nomination, my acceptance.Tyman 101 05:22, 9 March 2007 (PST)
- I'm going to vote oppose for this particular user. While he does show active editing since he started, they are almost entirely small or minor edits usually dealing with spelling or grammar fixes or minor additions. That's all well and good and needs to be done for the articles but there must be more content creation and evolution in my opinion to warrant adminship. I also notice that the user makes repeated small edits of articles within a few minutes of each other. Mastering of wiki functions like the preview button and forethought and planning of article edits are necessities for wiki administrators. This user shows great promise but I feel needs more time editing before adminiship is warranted. --Muffynz 21:23, 11 March 2007 (PDT)
- Some of the more substantial edits which Tyman 101 has performed were adding win-loss records to the ocean blockade history articles. I noticed these handy records when disambiguating the links to flags. There would however be benefit in a month or so additional experience in using the more advanced Wiki formatting features e.g. tables. -- Faulkston 22:04, 11 March 2007 (PDT)
- Indeed, although he has made some unquestionably useful edits, I find it hard to support his candidacy for adminship when his experience with the Wiki's technical aspects clearly has a lot of room for growth. In another couple months, I don't think I would hesitate to support your nomination. -- Thefirstdude (t/c) 17:17, 12 March 2007 (PDT)
- Tyman has done some great work so far, but I'd like to see a little more experience including community level involvement (ie coaching new users, commenting on broader issues such as things in the YPPedia namespace). Please note that administrators are volunteer positions, nothing is "forced." While you may not have meant it that way, that choice of wording is a bit poor and it would be good for you to watch out for such things in the future. --Guppymomma 17:34, 12 March 2007 (PDT)
Questions for the candidate
A few generic questions to provide guidance for voters:
- 1. What sysop chores, if any, would you anticipate helping with? (Please read the page about administrators and the administrators' reading list.)
- A. I would help with reverting vandalism, deleting pages made without a specific reason (if any are ever made), and anything else I happen to end up doing/get forced to do. I would also work on pages that are already made, and try and lower the amount of stubs that the YPPedia has.
- 2. Of your articles or contributions to YPPedia, are there any about which you are particularly pleased, and why?
- A. Of my contributions, I am pleased with the images I have been posting for the shoppes (and will continue), because I feel that a page for a shoppe isn't much without its screenshot, especially if other shoppes do have screenshots.
- Q. How about contributions other than uploading shoppe images? Are there any article edits that you're pleased about?
- A. There's my updating of the Booty or No Booty articles, of which there have been quite a few, as well as the Blockade Win-Loss records. Not much else, most are just random noticed edits that I do... randomly. I am pleased with all my edits, even if they are reverted.
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of the discussion. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as the article's talk page. No further edits should be made to this page.