YPPedia:Requests for adminship/Sashamorning
- The following discussion is preserved as an archive of a request for adminship that did not succeed. Please do not modify it.
Final (0/4/1) ending 11:46, 28 June 2007 (PDT)
Sashamorning (talk • contribs) – Sashamorning is a player who began on Sage Ocean in December 2005. She has moderate knowledge of programming language, but has improved over the past several months by practicing using other pages as templates. She has sought to edit content where appropriate, and to maintain accurate descriptions wherever possible. Sashamorning 00:19, 25 June 2007 (PDT)
- Candidate, please indicate acceptance of the nomination here: As a self-nomination, I accept.
- Getting this page correct is a definite requirement for becoming an administrator if you are going to self-nominate yourself. Being able to master this template shows an understanding of the wiki. There are at least 2 errors with the use of the template that I cannot excuse. There have been definite improvements in her work since the mentioned comments on Everclearboy's talk page, but I think there is still room for more improvement before an adminship should be granted. -- Cedarwings (t/c) 00:01, 25 June 2007 (PDT)
- I'm reluctantly opposing Sashamorning's nomination for two reasons. First, I'm concerned about Sasha's temperament, both on the wiki and on the forums. Being an administrator requires keeping a level head in sometimes-confrontational situations. This is a deal-breaker for me. Second, and not quite as serious, I'm concerned about her level of attention to detail. For example, I had to re-edit Image:Portrait-item-Exotic_Confection.png because the original was cropped to a different size than all the surrounding images. (Also, the failure to fully edit this page before nomination.) I know that sounds minor, but an administrator should have a heightened (obsessive?) awareness of the context for each page. All that being said, I'm hopeful that Sasha will eventually make a good candidate for administrator. She's made some great contributions to the wiki, and I hope that she continues to contribute. --Barrister 12:53, 25 June 2007 (PDT)
- Candidate has made some very good edits but needs some more experience in handling various situations. -- Faulkston 18:30, 25 June 2007 (PDT)
- Shows promise, but could have a wider range of edits and original content. Attitude in the forum is perhaps a little misplaced for the role of an administrator and therefore ambassador of the YPPedia, however this is not an issue that could ever entirely exclude Sashamorning from becoming an administrator. I have always felt, nonetheless, that the YPPedia is closely connected to the forums and as such, attitude in both media cannot be viewed in isolation. Please see YPPedia:Requests_for_adminship/Standards for what I regard as necessary for successful applications. --Featherfin 12:33, 26 June 2007 (PDT)
- I'm going to put myself down as neutral on this one. While the candidate has made lots of good quality small edits, especially to the constantly updating trophy page, I feel (as with everyone) there is room for some improvement. The lack of adherence to the template rules on this page never sits well with me. That said, I won't outrightly say no. The candidate makes quality edits and works hard on the pages that she consistently watches. --Muffynz 18:48, 21 June 2007 (PDT)
- I will comment in order to provide full disclosure. I have, from time to time, been fiery on the forums, and I acknowledge that. The one time in the wiki that I admit having a problem with tone was on the 05:49, 6 February 2007 revision of this page. I recognized the comments of the other posters and the error of my tone, and in deference to those other posters I deleted my inappropriate comments, although I know that a record exists. I have in the interim sought only to improve the wiki through correct and appropriate additions, and will continue to do so in the future. Sashamorning 10:39, 21 June 2007 (PDT)
- The comments posted thus far are fair. I was confused as to the structure of the content required, and I believe that I have corrected it appropriately. My strengths are, by far, content-related rather than programming/language related, and sometimes I don't understand the way that templates work until I've tried them several times. As stated in other places, I can only seek to improve. Sashamorning 00:19, 25 June 2007 (PDT)
- I am withdrawing my nomination at this time. I thank you for your attention. Sashamorning 11:48, 28 June 2007 (PDT)
Questions for the candidate
A few generic questions to provide guidance for voters:
- 1. What sysop chores, if any, would you anticipate helping with? (Please read the page about administrators and the administrators' reading list.)
- A. I have noticed the large number of image deletions that tend to occur with the uploading of new images. I know that at times I upload images, and these must be deleted. This is one aspect. In addition, I would aid in reversions of incorrect information, deleting vandalism, etc. I understand that such duties are already available to me, and I am seeking to increase my ability to help in the normal tasks of the Sysops, such as deleting unwanted pages (I make sandboxes occasionally, I'd rather not leave that to someone else to delete). I highly doubt I'll ever even consider any of the higher admin functions (blocking IPs, protection of pages, etc.) although I'd offer my input to the situation and allow others to make the final decision.
- 2. Of your articles or contributions to YPPedia, are there any about which you are particularly pleased, and why?
- A. I created the Fruit running guide, since many users have often asked me about the methods of doing so. I have attempted to be a moderator of the Trophy page, since I am actively seeking the req'ts for those items. Lately (yesterday), I added the Flotilla Hunters sections and Memmers sections to the Template:Activity list, and have set up places for those to be initiated. I've attempted to objectively and add correct information whenever I see a gap (Pet, Gem price lists, various updated interface images), and format pages whenever possible. I've tried to be bold in my additions. Right now, I'm seeking to locate futher information on BKs in flots and kades, such as unique ship names. In the future, I intend to create a comprehensive greenie guide, boiling down the basics of the game in bite-size chunks (I began work on such a guide, but have been sidetracked in recent months; I still believe it is a necessary addition).