YPPedia:Requests for adminship/Dungeonking
- The following discussion is preserved as an archive of a request for adminship that did not succeed. Please do not modify it.
Vote here (0/6/0) ending 13:32, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
Dungeonking (talk • contribs) – I love gaming and also updating forums about things about the game. Nevertheless, for Puzzle Pirates, I wish to do the same. Did some Website editing before which is something similiar to this. I would like to help out with the editting and updating of the information on YPPedia. Among the Contributions I made to YPPedia i am quite pleased with the Recent Updates on my fellow Flag and our Flag allies pages and is currently refreshing new information on shoppes owners of Aimuari Island.
- Candidate, please indicate acceptance of the nomination here:
- Strongly oppose. User does not have the deeper technical understanding of wikimarkup or even buttons in the editor such as the signature one. He also does not appear to be active in the wiki community either in the YPPedia forum or in discussions on talk pages. The user's desire to edit his flag & flag ally pages does not require sysop access. --Guppymomma 14:57, 13 August 2009 (UTC)
- Strongly oppose. User has no need for admin capabilities to do the tasks described, and considering he edited this application five times after which it is still missing data, does not appear to have the level of literacy and reading comprehension I look for in an editor. --Lizzie 15:03, 13 August 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose. Didn't fill out 'Questions for the candidate'. I fail to see why he requires sysop access or how it would be benifical to YPPedia if he had. --Alfwyn 15:30, 13 August 2009 (UTC)
- Strongly Oppose. The user self nominated himself and had it removed for been because it was poorly filled out only a few days ago. As said by the other voters, he has shown a lack of strong editing skills and hasnt completly filled out the RfA. --Lcawte 17:12, 13 August 2009 (UTC)
- ... Ok, we seriously just had this conversation not two days ago, only at that time he was using his pirate name, Reuinited. Also, he was auto-failed for not filling out the RfA properly. This is, in fact, his third attempt, and he's still yet to even attempt to answer the questions below at all. Also, "nevertheless"... I'm not sure that word means what you think it does. --Belthazar451 19:52, 13 August 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose. Basically, I agree with the reasons written above. The user has not demonstrated a particularly high level of literacy, and has not filled out the 'Questions for the Candidate'. It is nice that he wants to help out, though. Adrielle =) 23:42, 13 August 2009 (UTC)
Questions for the candidate
A few generic questions to provide guidance for voters: