- 1 Experience and Puzzle Standing
- 2 Standing
- 3 Board size?
- 4 Percentage of Goods Pillaged?
- 5 Damage Chart Fractions?
- 6 Teaming - split into its own article
- 7 The known bug
- 8 New sea battle interface
- 9 Blockade bonus moves
- 10 Damage reporting
- 11 Monkey Island connections?
- 12 Pillage percentages?
- 13 Rename page
- 14 Article merged in - attribution
- 15 Trophies
- 16 Edge effects
Experience and Puzzle Standing
Does anyone know what factors are involved in improving your Experience and Puzzle Standing? --Barrge 17:11, 6 January 2008 (PST)
The standing is definately wrong, there are a few missing factors. I'll try working it out and update it when I've found a closer method. Astralguard 06:58, 17 August 2007 (PDT)
Just how big is a battlenav board? I want to sneak one onto an island!
>:-) --Ihope127 18:20, 18 August 2005 (PDT)
Percentage of Goods Pillaged?
Isn't there a set percentage that's pillaged from folks if they lose? Is it the same vs NPP brigs as it is in PvP? This info should be popped in their respective articles. --Guppymomma 09:07, 4 September 2005 (PDT)
Damage Chart Fractions?
Weaver suggested we change the damage charts to fraction. How does this look?
- Eh, I think I prefer the decimals. --Barrister 13:07, 8 October 2005 (PDT)
|Ship Name||Max SF Damage||Full Damage|
Chart compiled from YPP Forum information.
|Ship Name||Number of Equivalent Shots|
Teaming - split into its own article
I propose that the teaming section be put into a Teaming article. It applies to both sea battle (and the PvP article) and brawling. Having it in its own article would also benefit folks searching for "teaming" as it's not possible to redirect to an anchor. --Guppymomma 22:35, 21 October 2005 (PDT)
I agree to the above, mainly because of the search enlightenment and making the sea battle article more overseeable and having it general not just in sea battle. Any volunteers? --Smthecool 13:37, 7 November 2005 (PST)
- FYI, the article should probably be "team" with a redirect from "teaming". --Barrister 13:40, 7 November 2005 (PST)
The known bug
I'm not so certain it's a bug anymore. Anyone else run into it lately? --Thunderbird 13:31, 4 June 2006 (PDT)
New sea battle interface
There is apparently a new seabattle interface being tested on ice, should that be put in already?
- I think we should leave it for now, until they have finished playing with the interface on Ice and the new layout is released on production oceans. --Sagacious (talk) 09:19, 18 June 2006 (PDT)
- Since the new battle nav interface has been released on production oceans, I think it should be a good time to put that in now. --User:Peterljr888 16:22, 21 June 2006 (PDT)
Blockade bonus moves
I just sporked most of the description from the forum thread. My Ice client is slowly updating - but when it does I'll try to get some symbols uploaded and added to a nice little table for the move descriptions. --Sagacious (talk) 16:14, 20 November 2006 (PST)
- They don't belong here. They're blockade-only. --Barrister 01:27, 21 November 2006 (PST)
I've seen quite a few people who seem to report damage automatically during sea battles - they keep saying something along the lines of "[Swordfight Dmg Percentage] < Us > 13 : 66 < Them >". Is this some sort of script, and where can you get it? --Malthus1 11:09, 11 March 2007 (PDT)
- They are using a third-party tool called QuarterMaster Pirate Helper. -- Cedarwings (t/c) 11:42, 11 March 2007 (PDT)
- Thanks. Maybe a link to that page could be added to this article? --Malthus1 18:39, 11 March 2007 (PDT)
Monkey Island connections?
Like El Pollo Diablo, do any of you think that the way bnav works came from Monkey Island 3? The ship to ship combat is very simillar.
Should we include in here the 10%/25% booty lost from hold/booty when a sea battle is lost? It's listed on the PVP page but not here which seems strange. --Artemis 22:46, 9 November 2009 (UTC)
- I'm very late to this, but I agree. I don't see any reason why not. Jlh0605 (t/c) 15:51, 30 April 2015 (PDT)
Article merged in - attribution
Grapple was merged into Sea battle with this edit, in order to consolidate all token types in one place. Grapple became a redirect here with this edit. Editors' contributions to Grapple before this merge are recorded on that article's history page. Contributions to their text after the merge can be seen on Sea battle's history page. --Therobotdude 16:19, 8 July 2014 (PDT)
My understanding is that pages other than the trophy page are only supposed to have trophies specific to the article in question listed in the spoiler box. To this extent, I have removed the "Ultimate Pirate" and "Ultimate of Ultimates" trophies from this page. However, my question is what do do with the "Hair of the Dog" and "Weathered Helm" trophies. My inclination is that they should be listed on the pillage and blockade pages, respectively. Any objections? Jlh0605 (t/c) 15:51, 30 April 2015 (PDT)
- Sorry I'm a little late responding to this - it's a good question. As "Hair of the Dog" can't be completed without Sea Battles, I think that one should stay on this page. Blockades aren't sea battles in my opinion (although they share mechanics) so I think that one should be removed from this page. The pages you suggest adding them to are both relevant, fine with me! --Therobotdude 10:50, 20 August 2015 (PDT)
I've edited Cursed Isles#The sea battle board to describe the permeable board edge. This is a difference between the CI battle board and the battle board in a normal pilly. I've been told that the permeable board edge is also found in other multi-ship battle boards (or maybe not flotillas? or maybe side edges in HS but not forward or back edges?). I don't know enough about those other boards to edit this article. Perhaps someone who does will find what I wrote about CI boards useful as a basis for an edit here, to distinguish between the normal pilly board and the multi-ship battle board. Gascony 06:21, 18 August 2020 (UTC)