One Big Happy Family
|One Big Happy Family at a Glance|
|Last Captain||Steveandme (Dormant)|
|Senior Officer(s)||Mrssteve, Papou, Yiayia (ALL are dormant)|
|Flag Affiliation||Elysian Fields|
|Founded||19 August, 2007|
|Dormant as of 8 December, 2016|
One Big Happy Family is a dormant crew on the Meridian Ocean, flying the flag of Elysian Fields.
One Big Happy Family was started by Captain Steveandme, on the former Viridian Ocean, for his family. His wife Mrssteve, sibling Twocheekjane were appointed Senior officers upon the crew's formation. Everyone else in his family, upon joining, began as a pirate and climbed up the ropes to where they are now. At this point, the crew contains the entirety of Steveandme's family and most of Mrssteve's family.
The crew has never had as its goal a high-end play style; on the other hand, the members enjoy playing puzzle pirates entirely because they can be in a crew and play together. It is not an exclusive group, but no huge effort is made to recruit either.
In the Summer of 2009, Steveandme stepped down as Captain of the crew and appointed Sokol in his place, citing her greater command experience. While Steveandme had a desire to form a crew for his family, he was not fond of being in leadership unless he was needed.
- Steveandme (Aug 19, 2007 - ~Aug 6, 2009)
- Sokol (~Aug 6, 2009 - ?)
- Steveandme (? - present)
We be a small group of pirates, trying to learn the ropes. If ye wish to learn with us, ye are welcome. Job with us if ye like, and if ye want to learn more, join us! Ye might like our family.
This is the crew for ye if ye're lookin' fer:
- A fun group of scallywags that likes to play the puzzles, duty or carousing, and likes to have fun!
- A family-like group that will teach ye as they play with ye, pick ye up when ye need, and smack ye on the back of the head when ye need.
But not if ye're lookin' fer:
- Lots of money, and high dollar pillages, making ye rich really fast (we all be learning!)
- People who will put up with juvenile, idiotic, or inappropriate behavior
Since we all be family, we have some rules to make things go smoothly.
- Cursing, name-calling (except in jest), bullying, attacks, stalking, and adult-themed conversation all be plankable offenses. Ye will be planked, and subsequently reported to the oceanmasters if warranted. If yer rank be below officer, the first offense will be grounds for immediate dismissal from the crew without notice. Officers receive the benefit of the doubt, but ye will be questioned.
- Acting like a dip will get ye treated like a dip. Our officers do not wish to sail with children.
- We are a close-knit group, and each of us has a pre-determined role. We work together well, and know each other's strengths. As such, ye will probably not be gunning or navigating for us, unless someone is missing. Please do not ask.
- Since we are a close-knit group, it should be obvious that attacking one of us is a great way to gain enemies of all of us.
To be promoted to officer, ye must have at least 5 "broad" experience ratings in any puzzles (the new medal system in yer trophy page makes this easy to spot). They don't have to be duty puzzles, just proof that you've been playing puzzle pirates for a while. If ye have less than 5 broads, but a silver medal or two, we may consider that sufficient. Officer status is one of experience, not merit. Becoming an officer puts ye in officer training. Ye may use yer officer privileges, but only on your ship or with permission.
Becoming proficient enough in an "officer" duty to impress the captain will make you a fleet officer. Fleet officer status is based entirely upon merit as an officer.
Ye cannot be promoted to senior officer. That is a position reserved for crew members who act as directors for the crew, and advise the Captain in political and administrative matters. They are also the face of the crew to the ocean.