Jerry's Kids II
|Jerry's Kids II at a Glance|
|Senior Officer(s)||Haruspex, Sardarc|
|Flag Affiliation||Sailor's Delight|
|Founded||25 July, 2007|
|Last updated on 5 August, 2012|
Jerry's Kids was founded by Jerry on 10 September, 2005 and the name is a derivative of the Jerry's Kids charity that helps those with Muscular Dystrophy.
It was recreated in the year 2007 on July 25 as Jerry's Kids II
Rules For Being Part of The Crew
Even if you disagree with them, please follow them for the sake of others. I would put this on the private statement, but I would like future members to be able to read up before they decide to join so there are no surprises.
- Try to keep swearing and such on your house chats. This means: No swearing in general, no copy and pasting things other players have said into crew chat, etc.
- Be a good sport. This crew does not stand for excuses after swordfights or other puzzles. Consider lucker, no breakers, etc. swear words as well, because no one cares why you lost. Practice more, and stop projecting your failures into excuses. No one cares. Also, don’t announce your instant kills, or the size of the combo, that you’re most likely lying about, before you set it off.
- If you would like to pillage, I can arrange it, but please no leaving in the middle of battles. Plan ahead. If you don't have enough time for a few battles, it's better not to come at all. This crew pillages every so often. We go in streaks. Sometimes we pillage twice a day. Sometimes we won’t for a week. Please keep that in mind if you are looking for an active crew. Although we are active in terms of signing on, we aren’t always with voyages.
- Although Jerry's Kids has gained the reputation of a Swordfighting Crew, anyone who isn't a jerk is more than welcome to join. People tend to like it here, I’m pretty sure, and people who suck at following the rules or who are jerks in general, often get expelled. This isn’t to say I’m strict, rather that I have no use for idiots.
- Don't send me flag requests. We are currently in Sailor’s Delight. If and when we decide to change flags it will be due to me deciding so, not because “da supar monk1 k1l3rz skuad” tried to recruit us.
- Let silly arguments go to maximize crew chat enjoyment. No one likes an unhappy crew. This is especially important. Let things go. Concede your point of view for the sake of peace. If you simply can’t, bring it to one of the many other chat options, i.e. /tell, or /house.
- Don't complain about promotions. I have enough to deal with. If you want to put worth the effort and I decide to promote you, great. If not, respect my decision. This is, at often times, an issue. I have simple guidelines, and am willing to work with people to achieve officer rank. Do not try to get other officers to make exceptions for you. It won’t work. Make the effort or stay at a lower rank.
- I won't tolerate racism of any kind. This usually isn’t an issue, and racial jokes can, at times, be funny, but we all know what’s offensive. This crew has people from all over the world. I know of at least ten different countries that members live in. There are different races, religions, and customs. Please respect all of these.
- No extremely obnoxious spamming. I know crew chat gets fun sometimes and a lot of people end up talking, but sometimes people aren't in the mood to talk, or are trying to concentrate on a puzzle. So if you feel the need to be really obnoxious, invite me to a house and spam away.
- Have fun! LOL... Just kidding. It always annoyed me when people decided to add that as their final rule to lighten the mood after laying down the law. Don’t have fun in my crew or else. >=(
Everyone knows how to behave on a pillage. I shouldn't have to regurgitate the same old junk. To sum up, don't be a jerk and things will be super.
- Cabin person: Scrutinize the crew information carefully, push the accept button, and hope I forget to push the promote button.
- Pirate: Wait for me to push the promote button.
- Officer: Have me accidentally promote you to officer instead of fleet officer.
- Fleet officer: Mmk, this is the problematic one. With all the new puzzles in the piracy section, it’s hard to promote people based on the same rules as four years ago. For now, you will be required to get broad/master or higher in sword fighting, bilging, sailing, battle navigation, gunning, and carpentry. If you have a problem getting any of these, let me know in /tells and I can help you. I believe everyone is capable of getting these stats with effort. If you try a lot and still have problems, I sometimes can arrange for substituting higher stats in the other puzzles I require, or for higher overall stats. Do not try to bargain with me. I will decide on my own, and only after you have put forth effort.
- Senior officer: Log more hours than I have in all the PoKeMoN versions combined. (Impossible.)
Please note only the pirate with the stats may be promoted to make things fair for everyone. No statless alts will be accepted. Same rules apply for everyone. No exceptions.
Do not use other officer’s stats as grounds to make your case for your own promotions. If other officer’s stats do not seem to meet the requirements, they may have let their stats drop, been around when the sea battle stat still existed, or any number of other situations. Everyone officer here had the stats when they were promoted. Also, getting another officer to recommend you for the position is futile as well. I am the one who makes the decision. This may seem harsh, but a lot of people spend months working on their stats so they can earn the rank, and ones who make the effort ALWAYS succeed, and ones who try to get around the requirements, always fail. Pointing fingers, and asking others for help, will make me even less likely to promote you. Just work a little bit.