YPPedia:Requests for adminship/Whitemonkey2
- The following discussion is preserved as an archive of a request for adminship that did not succeed. Please do not modify it.
Final (0/1/0) ended 03:55 08/03/2007 (UTC)
Whitemonkey (talk • contribs) – I have matured a lot both in personal and pirate life since my last candidacy. I am an active editor currently and wish now, with the knowledge that I have gained so far, to be added to the ranks of the admins. I feel that I am a fair and logical person, and feel that this is crucial in the role of an admin. I am keen on detail, and am always checking the recent changes page to see what I can edit next. I feel that as far as content creation goes, that if I noticed something missing then I would create a page for that purpose, (see Sage_memorization_checklist as an example) and am happy to give and receive constructive criticism!
- Candidate, please indicate acceptance of the nomination here: I accept
- The editor does not yet meet my standards. Although there are hundreds of small (and mostly positive) edits, there are no detailed contributions to two or more articles as I require. --Barrister 18:43, 7 March 2007 (PST)
Questions for the candidate
A few generic questions to provide guidance for voters:
- 1. What sysop chores, if any, would you anticipate helping with? (Please read the page about administrators and the administrators' reading list.)
- A. I am more than willing to help with any of the sysop chores, from helping with cleanup to helping individual wiki writers with their own pages. I am especially keen on dealing with vandalism faster than it has been dealt with (at times) in the past.
- 2. Of your articles or contributions to YPPedia, are there any about which you are particularly pleased, and why?
- A. I am pleased with every page I work on, and if I am not pleased with it, then I go back and fix it!
- Q. Can you think of specific contributions of which you are particularly proud?
- A. Evidently I am happy with the Sage_memorization_checklist, but that was something that I personally felt was missing from this wiki (whether anyone else agrees with me is a different matter!) I also did a lot of work on the Template:Map:Opal_Ocean recently which I was very happy with as it went from being a completely broken map to a completely working map! --Whitemonkey (t/c) 12:58, 6 March 2007 (PST)