YPPedia:Requests for adminship/Pilot897
- The following discussion is preserved as an archive of a request for adminship that did not succeed. Please do not modify it.
Final (0/5/0) Consensus was reached on April 2, 2007 as an unsuccessful candidacy. Original ending time 13:00 April 6, 2007 (UTC)
Pilot897 (talk • contribs) – Pilot897 is a well known member of the online world.As a Detective in the NYPD auto crimes unit and a moderator on runescape,cp,and stick arena,pilot897 serves the community.Resently transfered from the NYPD online crime prevention unit,pilot987 works hard to serve his community.Pilot897 would make a great admin because he is a good person and shows that there are police officers makind sure people and children are safe. Pilot897 15:22, 30 March 2007 (PDT)
- Candidate, please indicate acceptance of the nomination here:
- User has made no edits aside from this application, has demonstrated inability to correctly use templates in filing this application, and I strongly suspect is lying about his background. This is downright comical, and an unequivocal "no". --Ponytailguy 15:55, 30 March 2007 (PDT)
- Oppose. This isn't a police situation. User has obviously not read any of the adminship standards set out in the instructions. I also echo PTG's comments, especially about the inability to use templates. --Guppymomma 16:52, 30 March 2007 (PDT)
- Oppose. I find it interesting when I click on the Vote here link that I'm taken to a blank page (this page was created under pilot897 rather then Pilot897). As mentioned an obvious lack of ability to use templates and doesn't meet anyone's adminship standards. -- Cedarwings (t/c) 21:09, 30 March 2007 (PDT)
- The user needs to have some good contributions to the YPPedia before applying for adminship. -- Faulkston 23:11, 30 March 2007 (PDT)
- Oppose. And I must say the fact that the user is not aware of the numerical order of his own name (Note the difference between Pilot897 and Pilot987) does not rest well with me. The user has zero edits outside of this one and has no functioning knowledge of the basic usage of the Yppedia. --Muffynz 23:22, 30 March 2007 (PDT)
Questions for the candidate
A few generic questions to provide guidance for voters:
- 1. What sysop chores, if any, would you anticipate helping with? (Please read the page about administrators and the administrators' reading list.)
- 2. Of your articles or contributions to YPPedia, are there any about which you are particularly pleased, and why?
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of the discussion. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as the article's talk page. No further edits should be made to this page.