Game merchants or crew name?
Is the reference to "Merchants" supposed to be a crew name, or is that the name for the game merchants? --Behindcurtai 17:04, 3 April 2006 (PDT)
- Are you referring to this part?
"Word on the streets is that the Thoughtful Merchants be sailin' the <ship class> <ship name> wi' a crew o' <crew rank> this way from <starting island> with a load o' booty."
I think that's just someone forgetting to replace "Thoughtful Merchants" with a crew variable...Or are you referring to something else? --Emufarmers 17:17, 3 April 2006 (PDT)
Brigand King messages
I've had at least one BK message from an old salt after they were supposed to stop giving them out:
- Old York tells ye, "Have ye ever met The Widow Queen? I've never seen anyone eat so many Pineapples in me life."
(or maybe this is another, albeit rarer, variant on the old "there ain't a scurvy dog at sea..."?) --Therobotdude 19:21, 24 January 2014 (PST)
- Update - the above seems to be a variant on the same old no ships at sea message. However, interestingly, I did just get the following:
- A sailor was just here saying his ship was attacked by Admiral Finius, who took all the Rambutan aboard and left in search of more.
- It looks like the old salts do still give out the occasional BK message after all. --Therobotdude 19:27, 24 January 2014 (PST)
- Last update - I've added the 4 messages I've seen to the page. Curiously, despite 100-odd clicks on the old salt, I only saw 3 brigand kings within those four styles of message and no others. This seems too precise to be an accident, so perhaps these are not random legacy messages but instead they actually (still) have some bearing on what's going on at sea? --Therobotdude 20:12, 24 January 2014 (PST)
- You might try submitting a /bug report, wait a release cycle or two, and retry your test to see if they've gone away... Chupchup 07:45, 25 January 2014 (PST)