Showing all the color combination of green cats, but not mentioning which one is actually the mala-cat is confusing. I think all the green/black/gold/persimmon combinations that were never available to players shouldn't be shown. However if they are, the article needs to spell out precisely which combinations were available. --Alfwyn 15:19, 9 March 2010 (UTC)
- Well, I did hide all the combinations that weren't available. Is there any combination I hid that was actually available? Also I think it would be good to sort all the regular colors together, keeping the special cases at the edge. Inventory sort order shouldn't be a real concern here (and probably wasn't followed anyway). --Alfwyn 15:20, 10 February 2011 (UTC)
gold cat for 50k...and 888 ??
- According to this post, it was 50,000 Chupchup 23:30, 13 July 2012 (PDT)
- 50,000 is also claimed here. Chupchup 23:31, 13 July 2012 (PDT)
Friday the 13th black cat
As far as I am aware, the black cat has been available on every Friday the 13th for some time now. There is a big gap in the article between March 2009 and July 2012, though... Chupchup 22:56, 13 July 2012 (PDT)
- If we can get confirmation, I'd love to have that part reworded accordingly... "The black cat is frequently made available on Friday the 13th." (Or something else similar.) -- Franklincain (t/c) 23:38, 13 July 2012 (PDT)
Persimmon cat on oceans other than Crimson
quoting from this post:
On cat page, persimmon cat HAS been available since July 2009. It was a reward for purchasing dubs (probably subs too?) some time after Crimson closed on March 31, 2011 and before Nov 15, 2011. I have had this cat on former Sage so I know for sure. It wasn't straight away after Crimson closed but not too long as you can see from the later date there, which is when I posted a thread on Sage bazaar where I had that cat up for sale. Also, one was auctioned some time ago on Emerald bazaar.
- I'm not sure how the Doubloon Club promotions worked, but the existing regular promotions will allow you to claim your Rogue Marks/Mystery Gifts/Royal Blue items (which were also part of the Doubloon Club) on any ocean. (And I seem to recall being able to split them up; claiming my Blue item on Emerald and my Rogue Marks on Cerulean, for instance. I may be misremembering, though.)
- As such, if the player was a member of the Doubloon Club from whence the cat came, it's possible that it escaped onto the shores of Sage that way. And if the cat was accidentally claimed on Sage on a pirate that isn't generally used (or if the player doesn't care much for pets) it could have been completely forgotten about until after Crimson closed.
- I've gone through the Official tag, and the only other promotion I can find featuring Persimmon was the Official:July_Promotion celebrating the launch of Crimson and Jade. (And if any mods see this, that should probably be renamed Official:Jul09_Promotion and this: July_2009_promotion should be deleted. Mmm, duplication.)
- Which leads us to the very good point that not all promotion pages have been tagged correctly, so there could be more investigating to do, here. --Ladodal 12:43, 15 August 2012 (PDT)