- Pillaging missions will now be shown to greenies without any naval experience.
- Some drinking configuration changes:
- Mugs may be disabled for standard-rules games.
- The number of drinks is now always 3 when playing with standard rules.
- The option to calculate all board stain bonuses at the end of the game has been removed.
- The tankard has been altered: now it gets +50 points per piece lost in an opponent's row.
- When painting, if you don't have the paint available in your hold you can buy it at the current market rate instantly from the painting panel.
- Fixed some portrait bugs introduced in the last release.
- External browser pages should now be working for win98 and winME.
- There are bubbles and splashy water droplets in bilge.