Single fencing tests skill and speed in swordfighting in a best-two-out-of-three match where every competitor must fight with a randomly-chosen foil.
- Competitors must arrive at the competition location ten minutes prior to their match.
- Fencing tourneys will be hosted in a private residence or ship as local-entry-only, random foil sword tourneys, seeded randomly.
- Observers are welcome, but asked to refrain from commenting in the /game chat.
- If a competitor is not present when the tourney begins then they are eliminated by default.
- The top two finishers from each of the qualifying rounds -- that is, the two competitors in the final match -- will progress to the Olympiad.