Hypnotoad (Japanese: 催眠術にかかりやすい人〔睡眠薬〕のヒキガエル) (Russian: гипнотическая Жаба) is a resident drunkard of the Meridian Ocean. He is a notable philanthropist, and suave fellow. He was a politician for many crews and flags, but just plays parlor games now. His contributions to Marxist theory are commonly referred to as Toadism.
- Created the character on March 24th 2005.
- Co-founded RiddleMakers in 2005 along with Whitberd and Arolilja.
- Was a prince in an early incarnation of Infierno de los Diablos. Lost his hand bravely fighting in the first Prolix Purlieu blockade against Scuppering Seven Seas. This was the 3rd blockade on the ocean, and the second competitive one.
- In October 2005, Hypnotoad won the October Automated drinking tournament. He won a black/lime parrot, which he named Kes. This was the 4th familiar won by drinking on Viridian, and the 10th familiar on the ocean altogether.
- In April 2006 Hypnotoad won Bia's Long Shift April Drink Tournament, again for drinking, this time on the Sage Ocean. It was a tan octopus (before the time of tan familiar tournaments). He named it Testicles, although it was officially referred to as 'A non-family-friendly name'.
- In December 2006, Hypnotoad and his team, Salvador Dali's Big Ben (Hypnotoad, Kerix, Shogia and Shauns) won the Viridian drinking OCL. He won a white octopus, which he named Hector.
- Owned the Inn on Labyrinth Moors for about 6 years. He named it the Innglish Teahouse. It was traded for a Parrot on the first week of the island's opening, which was colonized by the RiddleMakers. He sold the Inn in 2012 for 30,000,000 poe to Sabre-West who re-named it Inn Expensive.
- In March 2013, Hypnotoad won Counting Green Beans for Treasure Drop on the Meridian ocean. It was an orange monkey, later named Stalin.