|Right-facing Shipyard Bazaar on|
Eta Island (Ruby Archipelago)
Constant Planck's is a right-facing shipyard bazaar on Eta Island. It was erected in August 2004 under the governance of the flag Silver Dawn. The deed holder is the current elected governor of Eta. Constant Planck's continues the basic Eta Island naming scheme of scientific related terms or puns. This building was named after physicist and founder of Quantum Theory, Max Planck.
Max Planck (1858-1947)
After receiving his doctorate in physics from the University of Munich in 1878, at the age of 21, he made a number of important contributions to theoretical physics. The most famous of these are his work that created the foundation for Quantum Physics. In 1900, he discovered that phenomena in black body radiation could be explained if photons contained only discreet chunks, or quanta, of energy. These observations earned him the 1918 Nobel Prize for Physics.
The discreet component of his energy equations is now called Planck's Constant, h, which has the value: h = 6.626*10^(-34) Js