YPPedia:Requests for adminship/Iogona
- The following discussion is preserved as an archive of a request for adminship that did not succeed. Please do not modify it.
Vote here (1/7/0) ending 03:55 SEVEN DAYS AFTER TODAY'S DATE (UTC)
- Candidate, please indicate acceptance of the nomination here:
- I'm afraid I cannot support Iogona becoming an admin at this time. This editor needs additional experience. I just had to help this editor with uploading a file for a pirate info page. Additionally this is a self nomination which is not the ideal way to approach becomeing an admin. Maybe in time this editor may get to the point where this would be appropriate but not at this time. --Kgarrett1969 08:02, 9 May 2007 (PDT)
- This editor most certainly needs more experience before I would even consider supporting her candidacy for adminship. She seems to particularly lack experience with the technical and policy-related aspects. Additionally, I'd like to see some more discussion participation and more significant contributions than a handful of pirate pages (the many dozens I have created didn't even figure into my own failed RfA). However, there is nothing at all wrong with self-nominations, and the user seems to be off to a good start. -- Thefirstdude (t/c) 09:14, 9 May 2007 (PDT)
- This user has no edits that I would consider to valuable to the YPPedia. Most edits are to pirate pages, which aren't significant in my opinion. Also, the failure of the user to completely follow the directions of the RfA (the end date is not filled in properly) raises concern. --Thunderbird 10:28, 9 May 2007 (PDT)
- While I'm not altogether familiar with this user, the fact that the RfA template wasn't applied properly seems to suggest that she should gain some more experience before considering a candidacy. There are also several errors of punctuation and/or grammar in the application itself. --Ponytailguy 10:39, 9 May 2007 (PDT)
- I cannot support this nomination. Iogona is not a regular editor of the Yppedia (only 28 edits this year) and has not contributed to the Yppedia other then pirate pages for friends. While the RfA template can be confusing to a new or occasional editor, an advanced editor that wishes to be seriously considered for adminship, should take more time to ensure it is one of the best edits they have ever done. -- Cedarwings (t/c) 15:16, 9 May 2007 (PDT)
- I echo the sentiments mentioned above. I would also like to note that while anyone can vote, it's really not a good idea to ask one of your friends who has never edited the wiki to start editing on the wiki by voting for you. --Guppymomma 15:49, 9 May 2007 (PDT)
- Candidate requires more wiki editing experience and a number of substantial contributions to the YPPedia. -- Faulkston 18:55, 9 May 2007 (PDT)
Questions for the candidate
A few generic questions to provide guidance for voters:
- 1. What sysop chores, if any, would you anticipate helping with? (Please read the page about administrators and the administrators' reading list.)
- A. I'd like to look after page's which need work (Such as Clean up) and attempt to make them fine.
- 2. Of your articles or contributions to YPPedia, are there any about which you are particularly pleased, and why?
- A: I created lots of Pirate page's for my friends, those are the favorite's for me to create. Also edting several page's which need an extra touch is a fine work for me to do.