|The Sparrows at a Glance|
|Founded||23 August, 2005|
|Dormant as of 27 July, 2013|
The Sparrows were created by Alexxia on August 23rd, 2005, shortly after Sage Ocean was created.
The crew is currently independent but previously flew the flag Veracious Fairytale.
- Not the biggest crew out there but one of the most tightly knit. All are welcome to join as long as you treat others in the crew as you would like to be treated.
- We follow the common guidelines and everyone is judged on a case-by-case basis according to maturity, skill, willingness to learn, and time in the crew (in no particular order, but with emphasis on maturity and willingness to learn).
- You may ask to be promoted, but don't bug. Asking more will NOT get you promoted faster. Begging, if anything, proves that you are not ready, and just because you own a ship does not mean you are fit to be an officer.
Enjoy yourself and remember its just a game!
- Anyone who joins the crew can become a cabin person.
- Those looking to be promoted to pirate must have been with the crew a minimum of 1 week, good puzzle performace on pillages, and 2-3 standings of Apprentice/Master or higher in Carp, Sails, Bilge, or Guns. There are exceptions.
- An Officer is usually in training to become Fleet Officer, and will remain here while building up skills or while the higher ranked officers determine a person to be trustworthy enough to be promoted to FO. Crew members looking to become an Officer must have spent a minimum of 2 weeks with the crew, shown good puzzling performance on pillages, displayed good behavior, and have met the requirements for Pirate as well as 2-3 standings of Narrow/Renowned or higher in Carp, Sails, Bilge, or Guns. Anyone wishing to become an Officer will also be tested on bnav before they can take out sloops and cutters without another officer present. Again, there are exceptions.
- Fleet Officers have the same requirements as an Officer, except that they must also show that they are worthy of trust, since Fleet Officers can access a ship's coffers, and have more powers than an Officer.
- Since this crew is Oligarchic, few members will be promoted to Senior Officer. There are no specific puzzle requirements, since the most important things we look for in a Senior Officer are good behavior, trust, and enough maturity to not abuse their powers. We currently aren't promoting anyone else to Senior Officer, but will consider it once the crew has grown more.
- No one just joining the crew should expect to be promoted to captain, so this section is mostly for pirates who have been with the crew for an extended period. As of right now, the Captain will probably never change, and even if someone were to be promoted to Captain, it would be a Senior Officer who has been with the crew a very LONG time.