What does everyone think about a page for refined goods, finished goods, and raw goods?
restoring parent category to the basic commodities
I'm going to restore the parent category of "Commodities" to the various basic commodities, in order to restore consistency. Other commodities have both that parent category as well as their "true" category -- for instance, fruits and other foragables. I'm documenting my rationale, so as to avoid the appearance of an edit war... -- Franklincain (t/c) 11:28, 5 August 2014 (PDT)
- You have no rationale, other than disagreeing with me. What is your actual reasoning? Today I was going to get around to other categories that are misplaced. You interrupted a work-in-progress and you went against consensus. Chupchup 11:37, 5 August 2014 (PDT)
- One does not a consensus make. -- Franklincain (t/c) 11:39, 5 August 2014 (PDT)
- I'll post something on the forums, since it's where the discussion has been moved to. But, as a general rule, I'm of the idea that categorizing an article as both a list and a list of names and adjectives is redundant, with the goal being that the top categories are populated solely by other categories, refining them until you get to something like Category:French video game designers, a sub-category that encompasses French people, Video game designers and Game designers.
- I wouldn't oppose to the creation of a rule that YPPedia editors must follow, after we achieve a consensus. Mobyduck2 12:46, 5 August 2014 (PDT)
Addendum: Since Category:Ship supplies was the only other subcategory that was missing this same parent category, I've fixed that as well. -- Franklincain (t/c) 11:39, 5 August 2014 (PDT)
I'm already typing a request on Clotho's user page, asking her to rule on this, as I have no expectation of getting any kind of reasonable discussion with you. -- Franklincain (t/c) 11:44, 5 August 2014 (PDT)
- That's right, get the OM involved in a community consensus decision, because the majority is against you. Good luck. Chupchup 11:45, 5 August 2014 (PDT)
- First of all, let's try to keep this civil and avoid personal attacks. After all, all of us have YPPedia's best interest at heart, even if there's disagreement on how to handle certain things. Regarding the categorization, there is already a thread in the forums alerting other editors and players about this issue. I'm certain we'll be able to reach a consensus pretty soon. --Clotho 11:58, 5 August 2014 (PDT)
Discussion has been moved over to the Forums. -- Franklincain (t/c) 12:16, 5 August 2014 (PDT)