Official Talk:Gold Box
Please use ==second-level headings== rather than =top-level headings= as we have been converting all YPPedia articles over to use the former. Chupchup 18:18, 2 April 2012 (PDT)
- Official pages are handled differently than the main YPPedia and are managed exclusively by the Ocean Masters and Ringers. In this instance, I agree with the suggestion and has been changed, but that may not be the case for all pages. --Clotho 20:58, 2 April 2012 (PDT)
- After looking into this issue further, official pages require specific formats due to the way that some of them they display in game. Any decisions regarding format for YPPedia will not apply for official pages. --Clotho 10:10, 5 April 2012 (PDT)
Since the Gold Box sales occur both inside and outside of Daylight Savings Time, why not just use Pirate Time to designate the times in the article, unless the calculation will truly be made regardless of DST status? Chupchup 15:08, 25 April 2012 (PDT)
- Good point, thanks! --Clotho 18:15, 26 April 2012 (PDT)
"10 days at a time" vs "the 10th day"
Gold Safes will only sell the boxes for 10 days at a time, starting at 10:00 AM Pirate Standard Time on the first Friday of these months, and ending at 3:00 PM Pirate Standard Time on the 10th day.
Since the begin-time and end-time are different hours, how does one count that first Friday? Is it "day one"? Or "day zero"? What would be the "tenth day"?
To clarify absolutely (for dunderheads like me), how about appending the specific day of the week (Sun./Mon./Tues.) for that last day, like so:
"...and ending at 3:00 PM Pirate Standard Time on the second following ___day."
Thanks! ;-) -- Franklincain (t/c) 11:03, 24 July 2012 (PDT)
- That clarification would go best in the regular player page here. --Clotho 16:55, 25 July 2012 (PDT)
- Friday would count as "day 0", so they would end on the second Monday after that. Hope that clears it up! --Clotho 16:00, 4 June 2013 (PDT)
As there are no non-gold chromas in the list, I wonder if the wine chroma I got is a bug or if the table is just not up to date? -- Locu 15:38, 13 December 2012 (PST)
- Actually, from the table: 9% - Seasonal Color Chroma --Thunderbird 22:45, 13 December 2012 (PST)
- Oh, I should learn to read properly, even at those times. --Locu 13:26, 14 December 2012 (PST)
This edit did not appear to add, remove, or change any content, only to take April and move it from the top of the lists down to the bottom of the lists. I guess this is supposed to keep the upcoming or active month on the top? Does this mean that this article will be edited every two months for this purpose? ... Chupchup 17:55, 3 June 2013 (PDT)
- I'd assume so, yes. Remember, the Official namespace pages also play a double role as the in-game help files, so there's some logic to having the active month on top. --Belthazar451 05:02, 4 June 2013 (PDT)
Inconsistency and duplication
There are several differences between the lists.
Gold pets, Sea turtles, Toucans
Can we have some information about the unicorn colors, please? --Budclare2 14:33, 5 June 2015 (PDT)
- Polite nudge. <3 --Budclare2 14:00, 12 June 2015 (PDT)
- Added! That was supposed to be in the rules, but didn't make it (dark magics?). Those mythical creatures are tricky.... --Aphrodite 06:56, 15 June 2015 (PDT)
- Thanks. :) --Budclare2 11:23, 15 June 2015 (PDT)
Neither toucans nor patchy foxes are exclusive to gold boxes anymore. -- Jcmorgan6 18:23, 30 September 2020 (PDT)