- 1 Epic
- 2 Yarr, thanks for the help with my crew picture!
- 3 Table of contents
- 4 Building renames
- 5 Changing the *capital* of a arch!
- 6 <3
- 7 Re:Note on User:Mulsker
- 8 Island disambig
- 9 Islands
- 10 Renaming files
- 11 Emerald Islands
- 12 Thanks
- 13 housing deeds
- 14 color palette for Dog vs "My Pets (Dog)" template
- 15 user "Leyvi9"
- 16 tackling the deletion queue?
- 17 Thaaank you!
- 18 poke? ;-)
- 19 Deletion
- 20 Reusing dusted building articles
Thanks! I was too tired to look for a proper solution when I noticed it last night (obviously, I said they were both flags! >.<), and didn't want to forget, or I would have tried to handle it myself. It doesn't surprise me in the least that there were so few links for the crew, either. Half of the article is an image of the crew's ships!
As for adding more to the page, though, I'm having a hard enough time with my own page. I unfortunately don't remember anything more than the babble I added all that time ago when I first found the page, so that's all I can give there. If I do think of anything, I'm more inclined to put it as a note on the talk page, so someone can confirm it, than to add it as "fact" to the article itself. Perhaps I'll try and piece together a blockade history if I have that much time to hunt through the rest of the YPPedia, but that's something I never followed, so would probably be easier done by someone else. -Birchle 12:00, 16 June 2008 (PDT)
Yarr, thanks for the help with my crew picture!
I'm fairly new to YPP and I just couldn't figure that thing out. Tyvm for the help fixing it :)
Table of contents
You know, one good way to prevent a table of contents from being included on a page is to insert __NOTOC__ anywhere on the page. That's double underscores at the start and end. --Belthazar451 06:34, 3 July 2008 (UTC)
Thanks for the info! That "move" feature isn't in the wiki software I'm currently most familiar with, and I didn't notice it... :-/ --Lesleywalker 07:51, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
- Awesome - thanks for finishing the job for me! --Lesleywalker 22:06, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
Changing the *capital* of a arch!
Okay on the wiki it says that Alkaid is the capital of the ursa arch and it really isnt.. can you change it so that sayeres rock is? 1.) dont know how to do it cause i am fairly new 2.)I dont know if there is a rule to change it... Thx! :-)
Oh okay well thx anyway :-) i didnt know that is what decided it
Thank you Fanfan, you're a lifesaver. --Featherfin 00:21, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
yeah umm i messed up my page sorry no chance u could fix it and maybe even help me on my crew page something is wrong on that to it would be MUCH appreciated and by the way do u have a pirate on hunter ocean or even malachite ocean. any help would be much appreciated thanks a ton for all the help so far!!!! Natethedawg. In response to what you said i was actually trying to add my pirate picture to the pirate image thing and also at one point add my malachite info but then i decided it was pointless to add my malachite info cause i got no stats there. but thx a ton for the clean up again lol sorry for messing it up. Much Appreciation Natethedawg me again i umm created a crew page for my bro hollistermod and i would love it if ya could help me out in anyway including cleaning up his pirate page that i am about to create since i know i will make a mess of that any help would be much appreciated!! Natethedawg
Re:Note on User:Mulsker
Thanks for clearing that up, I really wasn't sure. I'll refrain from doing that again. --Dementedduck 22:36, 28 July 2008 (UTC)
Is the (disambiguation) tag neccessary for those island disambiguation pages? Only (for example) Zechstein Island doesn't exist anyway. Dragon's Nest is a disambiguation page. --Belthazar451 22:10, 1 January 2012 (PST)
- Oh right, yeah, aha. I had this weird idea that the Malachite pages were going to remain active. Never mind me. --Belthazar451 22:44, 1 January 2012 (PST)
Fannon, when you were uploading all the island images, did you check if all the building lists are up-to-date? Or did Addy? Just wondering if it needs to be done before the changeover. (On a related note, it's probably not all that important, but the screenshots you uploaded seem to be coming out kinda dark. Wondering if your gamma levels need adjusting or something.) --Belthazar451 23:36, 24 January 2012 (PST)
You might want to check some of those filenames you recently renamed, some of them have a space ' ' between the end of the name and the file extension - File:Monthly Melquire Unlucky pirate soggy boots .png and File:Monthly Melquire A fresh morning likely a lucky voyage .png and File:Monthly Melquire Business room .png, for example. Chupchup 18:16, 30 January 2012 (PST)
Ohh, I figured out the talk button xD I have now completed Bowditch and was wondering if you could double check it whenever just to make sure it was done properly before I go on to complete the rest of the arch/ocean.
-> Next question, I'm redoing my pirate page (again)before I start on Scrimshaw. When I am putting names that can be linked, do I have to link them every single time I say it?
- No, just the first time that the name is mentioned in the article. --Adrielle ♥ =) 02:39, 24 February 2012 (PST)
--> Next string of questions, I am making a new page for Beach Port Turtling, and I forgot to change the name from broadside balls to beach port turtling (I've been copy and pasting the general format for each new page). Anyways, when I uploaded the photo it went as broadside balls and when I realized my mistake I cant relink the photo back to Beach Port Turtling. (I've decided I shouldnt edit stuff at 4am, so I will finish the rest of Scrim + the Stork arch tomorrow) Ccarlson08 02:23, 24 February 2012 (PST)
- I moved the image over to the right name =). It should be all fixed now. --Adrielle ♥ =) 02:39, 24 February 2012 (PST)
Thanks Adrielle :D ---> Fannon, have fun catching up :P I've done: Osprey, tern, puffin, stork, pelican, Dodo, and Gull (well, finishing up Admiral when I wake up) I kinda got tired of marking what I was changing since I was just adding Emerald to all of them and same with the small edit box, it's kind of obvious after the first 200 of what I'm doing. Let me know if you run into any issues. Ccarlson08 03:25, 25 February 2012 (PST)
> Is there anyway to change this page's title to look better. Arsenic & Lace turns into Arsenic & Old Lace Ccarlson 17:32, 26 February 2012 (PST)
Thanks for the page fix, is there a link I can follow that can help me with tagging, linking, etc? I tried the various pages here and found them to be vague and unhelpful. As I'm new at this whole Wiki editing thing, I would appreciate an help I can get. Thanks again.
thank you for the quick response to my question. ;-)
-- Franklincain (t/c) 20:56, 27 June 2012 (PDT)
- And a further comment, in response to your additional wisdom on wiki-links...
- You, ma'am, are a scholar and a lady, in the truest sense of the word! ;-)
- Huzzah! -- Franklincain (t/c) 19:34, 11 July 2012 (PDT)
color palette for Dog vs "My Pets (Dog)" template
the new color palette for Dog is not in synch with the template that uses it. I have no idea how to re-synch the template to the image file, otherwise I'd fix this myself. :'-(
thanks. -- Franklincain (t/c) 20:56, 16 July 2012 (PDT)
- Try refreshing the pages. --Fannon 20:57, 16 July 2012 (PDT)
- Huzzah! That fixed it. (Strangely enough, had to force-refresh *twice*; first one did not take...Hate Microsoft and Bill Gates.) -- Franklincain (t/c) 21:00, 16 July 2012 (PDT)
- Any changes involving a newly uploaded version of an image will almost always require a refresh for you to see them, especially if you've happened to visit a page that requires the image. Always hit refresh first. --Fannon 21:08, 16 July 2012 (PDT)
That user has done this more than once, creating a user page here just to protest his ban. How can he be prevented from doing this again, please? Is that something you admins can do? Or would an Ocean Master have to do that? Thanks. -- Franklincain (t/c) 22:37, 19 July 2012 (PDT)
- He's already blocked, I just never got around to deleting his user page. --Fannon 22:44, 19 July 2012 (PDT)
- well, okely dokely then, ma'am. ;-)
- sorry to bother you. thanks. -- Franklincain (t/c) 22:45, 19 July 2012 (PDT)
tackling the deletion queue?
Noticed you went through several articles needing to be cleaned up. I'll just stand over here, safely out of the way. ;-) Thanks. -- Franklincain (t/c) 15:48, 24 July 2012 (PDT)
I swear I spent five minutes making sure that was actually a new color, I have no idea how I missed it. And then I couldn't easily fix my booch and it spiraled into a pit of recursive fail. Sorry you had to fix that. --Ladodal 22:16, 20 August 2012 (PDT)
Asking for your input, please. ;-) Thank you! -- Franklincain (t/c) 11:09, 3 September 2012 (PDT)
Hey there, Noticed you were doing deletion earlier and wondered if you'd like to clear out this list: User:Avastme1/placeholderdelete :P All the images there are unused, and most of them are named wrongly.
Regards, Kris. Avastme Talk 21:05, 6 January 2013 (PST)
Reusing dusted building articles
Are we supposed to be reusing articles that belong to dusted buildings if they were rebuilt with the same name? I recently treated Enlightened Emporium quite differently. I moved the old article away to Enlightened Emporium (dusted) and began a new one for the new building. My rationale is, it's a new database object, and edits to the old article shouldn't be folded into an article about what is actually a brand new building. It might help to get some idea of the consensus for this so that we can treat all similar situations the same way from now on. Chupchup 18:06, 8 August 2014 (PDT)
- Probably not, but someone else already reused that particular one, and I was honestly too distracted (and too lazy?) at that moment to sort out the history of it. :/ Be my guest and fix it up properly. I will point out that the new building is in the *exact* same spot as the old building, and when it was rebuilt, it was with the original building's name. So that's unusual compared to other buildings.--Fannon 18:11, 8 August 2014 (PDT)