List 'o Plaices
Since acquiring the Strange Plaice, I've sought to grow a small fleet of Plaice named ships. All are "natural" names, meaning none were shanghaid. This provides yet another little game within the game, and a great way of meeting new people. Here is a list of my current Plaices, and who I acquired them from.
- Strange Plaice - Blackdragon (2005-06-07)
- Simple Plaice - Commissioned (2005-12-05)
- Famous Plaice - Brodes (2005-10-10)
- Greedy Plaice - Wellington (2005-10-18)
- Young Plaice - Sailmaker (2005-09-28)
- Hard Plaice - Emmaretta (2005-11-16)
- Proper Plaice - Dcyborg (2006-02-22)
- Enlightened Plaice - Nanci (2006-05-21)
Here are the things I think need attention most:
- RFE: 3-way toggle for hiring to limit who get's jobbing applications.
- RFE: View Duty Report outside of duty puzzles.
- RFE: Viewing Pirate Info from within a duty puzzle.
- RFE: Put most recent job applications at the bottom.
- Bug: "Hiring" toggle should not turn off when NPP's are aboard greenies don't displace NPP's, and both are counted when determining if a ship is full. This can prevent hiring other players.
- RFE: More info in Sea Battle, including Opponent Flag, Crew rating, Might color, CO name (info from /vwho)
- RFE: Brevet command to allow others to be a temp officer in your crew. I've several unpublished ideas on this, but this will work as a placeholder.
- Bug: Can't copy from info pages, which I believe is a side effect of a "fix" for a previous bug:
Channel combobox gets focus changing channel unexpectedly.Release_2005-11-03
Less important ideas I want to see.
- RFE: Color code league points of routes, based difficulty.
- RFE: Apply for job with /apply <pirate>, which sends a job application without using the notice board. The inverse of /job.
- RFE: Log ship deporting to the ship log.
- RFE: Remember map zoom toggle button remembers zoom level, or allows the map to reset each time it is viewed.
- RFE: Use consistent buttons when changing oceans.
- RFE: Use consistent buttons in the Tournament Info dialog.