The Lost Lot
|The Lost Lot at a Glance|
|Senior Officer(s)||Ara, Carrol, Cecidrake, Faeree, Jezzibel, Kasper, Kusje, Pauling, Sante, Scarymuffin, Spacehog, Whoosy|
|Flag Affiliation||Illium Eternae|
|Founded||19 August, 2005|
|Last updated on 01 February, 2012|
The Lost Lot was founded by Tealbeard on 19 August, 2005. The crew has the distinction of being the first player-controlled crew founded on the Sage Ocean. The crew originally sailed the Viridian Ocean, but entirely moved to Sage when the new ocean opened. Following the merge of Sage and Hunter, the Lost Lot may now be found on Emerald.
The Lost Lot was the founding crew of the flag The Light Brigade, which was the first player-controlled flag on Sage.
On December 16, 2005, Tealbeard was succeeded by Scarymuffin as the new captain of the crew. Both captains were advocates of the crew being a second family and worked to incorporate that notion into the core of the crew and its policies. Between December 26th and 29th, the Green Sea Dragon merged into the Lost Lot.
When the Light Brigade disbanded around January 15, 2006, the Lost Lot moved to the flag Go with the Flow. Following the conquest of Admiral Island by Go with the Flow, the Lost Lot was rewarded with the weavery shoppe, Weavenge of the Stitch. The shoppe was used by the crew to provide merchant training and for funding periodic crew events.
On 23 February, 2006, Kathe replaced Scarymuffin as the captain of the crew.
On 20 May, 2006, the flag Go with the Flow disbanded, and five days later, the Lost Lot joined the flag of Deadman's Vengeance. During the crew's time in Deadman's Vengeance, Kathe ceded the position of captain to Korr on 7 June, 2006. The Lost Lot soon found, however, that they didn't fit in with their current flag, and departed from Deadman's Vengeance in mid-July of 2006. In early August, after weighing up some very good (and ignoring a multitude of bad) offers, they joined the flag of Candy Coated Chaos.
On 7 March, 2007, Ara replaced Korr as captain of the Lost Lot.
The crew Morbid Dreams, merged into The Lost Lot on 12 March, 2007.
On 10 November, 2007 Spacehog replaced Ara as captain.
- Tealbeard (August 2005 - December 2005)
- Scarymuffin (December 2005 - February 2006)
- Kathe (February 2006 - June 2006)
- Korr (June 2006 - March 2007)
- Ara (March 2007 - November 2007)
- Spacehog (November 2007 - 2010)
- Whoosy (2010 - February 2012)
- Bullseyebud (February 2012 - Present)
The Lost Lot
We are an elite crew of experienced, professional pirates. We sail the seven seas in search of fun, plunder, and a good fight.
We are currently seeking energetic pirate-enthusiasts. You can have an exciting career pirating in our organization. All candidates will be promoted according to loyalty, skill, experience, and family. We pride ourselves on our officer and pirate training programs.
We are a growing organization and looking to expand. We promote 100% from within, so great advancement opportunities await you. Accelerate your piracy, go Lost Lot.
Here are some dos and don'ts for Lost Lotters looking to get ahead:
- Show us you're good at puzzles in the duty report.
- Ask permission to board sloops and cutters.
- Hop on and help pillage often.
- Greet people and be friendly.
- Encourage and congratulate crew members.
- Be polite.
- Follow officers' orders quickly.
- Ask questions if you are having problems or difficulties with a puzzle, or anything in the game.
- Ask what you can do to improve. And ask what you need to work on to earn promotion.
- Dress in crew colors (grey/red/white/maroon/black) if you have the extra poe to spend on clothes. Dressing in our colors will make you look snazzy on our painted ships, and you'll match with the officers. Makes us notice you. (note: this requirement is no longer strictly enforced)
- Give orders (unless you're an officer)
- Question orders
- Spam crew or vessel chat.
- Ask "Are we there yet?" "Can we port?","When do we split the booty?",or any variation of that question. We can only split the booty in port, and we port when we have enough booty
- Blatantly Ask to be promoted. This is the number one way to make sure you aren't promoted. Instead, send a "tell" to an officer and ask what you can do to improve in order to earn promotion.
- Cabin Person: If you are a jobber on our ship, and you wish to join our crew, consider this voyage as a job interview. This is the time for you to show off your skills and follow orders. Do well and we'll invite you to join the crew. If you do poorly, or you're being a loud-mouth, you might not annoy us enough to get planked, but we may feign deafness when you ask to join the crew.
- If you have a desire to join our crew, and can't find us on a pillage, please feel free to contact any Lost Lot officer online. They will bring you into the crew. But realize that we'll be checking you out the same way we check out jobbers on a pillage, and if you don't measure up, you will be expelled.
- Pirate: If you haven't sailed with us for more than two days, we won't even consider you for pirate. Make sure you pillage with us as much as you can. Follow orders quickly. Do well on all your duty reports. It helps to have good stats too. Also, you have to pay for your own pirate badge. In addition, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have "Broad" or better experience on at least 2 of the standard shipboard duty puzzles (sails, carp, or bilge).
- Consistently score "Good" or better on at least 2 of the standard shipboard duty puzzles (sails, carp, or bilge).
- Be socially active in crew chat.
- Be signed up for the crew forums.
- Officer: In the Lost Lot we refer to the basic "officer" rank as "Junior Officer" or JO. Make sure you do the "navigate for the navy" or the "defeat brigands for the navy" mission as much as you can if you want to make JO. To be a JO you will have had to be a pirate with us for several weeks. You will have gotten the attention of the officers with your excellent puzzling skills, being quick to follow orders, and your understanding of the ways of the game. You also won't ask to be an officer, because if you do it's not gonna happen. To be a JO you will need to be recommended by several current full officers (not junior officers) and have the approval of the Captain. Oh, and of course, you have to buy the badge.
- Fleet Officer: When you are promoted to Junior Officer you will begin officer training. Several higher-ranking officers will teach you the basics, and your training will be supervised by a Senior Officer. After a certain period of training, your supervising Senior Officer will test you on everything you need to know and do to be a full officer. Then that Senior Officer will either tell you that you need more training, or report to the Captain that you are ready to be promoted to Fleet Officer (FO). Before you are promoted you will be interviewed by the Captain. Fleet Officers are completely trusted by the Captain and the crew, they are expected to know and follow all crew rules, and to set an example at all times.
- Senior Officer: Fleet Officers will be promoted to Senior Officer at the discretion of the Captain. Generally promotion to Senior Officer requires showing a deep commitment to the Lost Lot and a strong desire to improve the crew for the betterment and enjoyment of all crew members.
- Captain: If the Captain decides to step-down then he or she will decide upon a replacement.