The Sunshine Widget is the set of panels found on the right side of the game window. It gives a pirate access to different kinds of information. The panels are as follows:
- Crew panel - Lists the crew a pirate is jobbing with, as well as that pirate's own crew and hearties. If a pirate has no crew but meets the requirements to create one, then a button to create a crew is also available.
- Island / Vessel / Shoppe panel / House panel - Displays information about the current location, which might be an island, a ship, a shoppe or a house. This tab changes its name depending on a pirate's location.
- Ye panel - Displays information about the pirate. In addition, it houses useful buttons such as the Go home and Notice board buttons.
- Booty panel - Displays the contents of the pirate's personal inventory.
- Ahoy! panel - Alerts appear here, as does information about any tournaments or puzzle competitions the pirate has joined. The results of the /who series of commands also show up in this panel.
There have been a few minor changes to the sunshine widget since its introduction.
- With release 2005-03-28, the money report was made visible on all of the panels.
- Before dynamic scrolling, when each island had different sections, the "Ye" panel was called the "Pirate" panel and was located in the same location as today's Island, vessel, shoppe, or house panel. There was also an "Eye" panel which was essentially a permanent /who display. This was changed between Alpha release 2003-05-08 and Beta launch.