A PoE fountain is the term given to any part of the game that increases the amount of PoE in the ocean's economy by "creating" it out of nothing instead of having it move from one player to another.
Examples of PoE fountains are:
- Taking money from brigand ships while pillaging (this is the most common source of PoE).
- Getting paid for work on navy missions.
- Defeating skellies and zombies. (Though part of the booty from skellie and zombie fights comes from previously defeated players as well).
- Selling foraged fruit to a commodities market.
- Selling gems to a commodities market.
- Prize money (not entry fees) from Ocean Master-sponsored tournaments.
- Occasional PoE rewards from PoEmails.
- Bounties issued for sinking Brigand Kings' ships in a flotilla or blockade.
- Money contained in sunken treasure left by sea monsters in Atlantis and Brigand King vessels. This is brought aboard by playing the treasure haul puzzle.
- In Atlantis or Cursed Isles, fountained treasure chests may either contain PoE or inventory items.