Ice Ocean changelog/2010-1
- This page archives the changelog for the Ice Ocean for the first half of 2010. The complete changelog can be viewed at Ice Ocean changelog.
- Potential fix for audio not working with 64-bit Java
- Bring the fourth color sooner in weaving
- Squash the long standing bug where chunks of scenes would sometimes be AWOL
- Add some sounds to weaving
- Fix another zombie/skeleton message mixup
- Allow palaces, forts, and attraction buildings to have managers
- Improve performance of overlayed animations (e.g. Bumblebeard)
- Allow black boxes to be held in portraits
- Fix message on zombie charms that said they summoned skeletons
- Fix bug causing weaving to not show new pieces with Java 1.5
- Make weaving sparklies rarer, but worth more points
- Fix bug causing weaving to only let you pause once. This may also clear up the reports of weaving not showing a duty report until you hit escape.
- Show weaving stats on pirate info pages
- Fix bug where an error wrapping a black market box would result in a booched box
- Fix bug with creating black big cats for the black market
- Fix bug causing some expedition scenes to blow up
- New puzzle: Weaving
- Internal changes to wrapped presents
- Adjust positioning of portals for Black Markets
- Fix problem with some Black Market goods not being properly aged when unwrapped
- Fix bug causing zombie charms to spawn skellies
- Fix help URL for the Black Market
- Add a "Fetch items" button to the purchasing interface for items that require a design
- New Attraction: Black Market - Purchase a Black Box with a random prize inside. Production ocean price will be 10,000 PoE but will be cheaper on Ice for now for testing.
- Yet another swordfight generation scheme - this should result in identical piece streams for different players.
- Add several new Cursed Isles Island Scenes.
- Adjust swordfight piece generation.
- Fix a bug in Swordfight piece generation.
- Fix bug where the design-required items didn't correctly identify that you had/needed a design.
- Fix bug where imperial outposts weren't enterable
- Imperial Outposts now award trinkets to "dedicated hands" (subscribers & pirate badge holders) similarly to the Brigand King trinkets.
- New type of item: "Design" - Some items can be made at normal shoppes but require the orderer to supply a an appropriate Design item.
- New items at the trading post: Shako Hat Design, Cockade Hat Design, Imperial Banner Design, Explorers' Banner, Brass Telescope
- Removed the move counter from Alchemistry.
- Fixed formatting for some cash numbers in poker.
- Some internal cleanup of crafting puzzles.
- Some internal changes to swordfighting, carpentry, and sailing to improve randomness.
- Due to above change, note that swordfighters will no longer all see identical sequences of pieces.
- Fix a bug where Pirate News Page slowness would lock the entire client.
- Fix a bug related to deluxe labor badges (Obviously, won't notice this on ice)
- Fix a bug in labor calculation related to exceptionally large amounts of reserve labor
- Fix the plurality of some labor messages
- Internal changes related to managing portrait backgrounds.
- Longer introductory tutorial.
- Fix a bug where if you left the ship too quickly after setting sail on a swabbie transport voyage, the swabbies wouldn't correctly take their stations.
2010-01-19 - Nerds in Paradise
- Fix bug with trades and wagers that include items
- Give out repute points for trading post purchases based on both the PoE spent and the value of trinkets cashed in
- Fix bug with trading post items being greyed out in the ordering interface
- Fix bug where the navy would sometimes get confused and refuse to pay out wages
- Give feedback message when purchasing an item from a trading post
- Allow more rotations for the tropical potted plant
- Split the trading post items into tabs
- In the trading post UI, allow items to be removed
- Allow more than the required number of trinkets to be used toward the purchase of items at trading posts
- Give feedback in failure cases for the fetch trinkets button
- When pressing the fetch trinkets button, open the booty to trinkets
- Fix booched BK egg trinket requirements.
- Fix some layout bits on the trading post UI.
- Fix missing translation for Trading Post construction sites
- Add a button that attempts to fill in the required trinkets for a type from unequipped trinkets in your inventory
- Merchants more accurately estimate the cost to ship to different islands
- Trading Posts now sell Brigand King eggs in exchange for complete sets of trinkets for each king
- Excise the weaving puzzle stubs
- Fix bug with trading in conch shells
- Fix bug with trinket value system not adjusting
- Fix bug with purchases failing if the total trinket value exceeded the base item cost
- New Attraction building: Trading Post
- Players can trade in trinkets + PoE for special items
- Trinkets are given a PoE value that counts towards the price of the item. This price adjusts dynamically based on the types of trinkets recently traded in.
- Merchants prefer islands with Trading Posts
- Newly delivered LE ships have custom adjectives
- Fix non-exit rowboats on vessels (newly delivered ones will have this correct, old ones remain the same)
- Pirates cashing out of a poker table with more than their buyin value go into the victory pose (this does not consider rebuys)
- Provide swabbies to replace abandoning humans in all types of skirmishes except blockades instead of just in battles
- Take appropriate cuts for swabbies from other skirmish payout types (e.g. PoE hauled)
- Allow the shelves below decks on war brigs to be dusted
- Players at low to mid performance levels dutying now contribute more to the ship's functionality
- Swabbie skills and performance has been lowered so their contribution is the same as before