Commodity sinks are distinct from PoE sinks, but just as important for the stability of the economy, since an increasing total amount of commodities and finished products would, if the amount of PoE stays the same, lead to deflation. Strictly speaking, each commodity and finished product has to be treated separately, with e.g. an apothecary acting as a sink for kraken's blood and a fountain for black paint and dye.
Examples for commodity sinks:
- Decay of clothes and furniture
- Trashing of items in a player's Booty panel via its item menu
- Rum and cannonballs used during pillaging
- Sinking of ships in a blockade or flotilla
- Booty removed by the black ship
- Disappearance of the items (including filled bid tickets) possessed by a deleted pirate.