Devanille is a senior officer and the bait of the crew Spirits of the Winds and member of the flag Delightfully Demented, hailing from the East of the Cerulean Ocean (formerly from the Midnight Ocean). Previously, he was Ankher on the Midnight Ocean and Dymas and Snow on the Cobalt Ocean.
Previous accomplishments and activities
- Found Puddin, his chocolate sheep, wrapped in a curious parcel.
- Awarded a special lime-green rose with card for defeating an OM from the Jade Ocean in rumble.
- Former lord of the flag, Anchor Management.
- Former Senior Officer of the crew, Ocean's Shadow.
- Drifted to the shores within the Midnight Ocean.
- Left the Cobalt Ocean and went onto a long hiatus.
- Former king of the flag, Arctic Regal.
Late in 2004, the pirate Dymas found himself lost among Terra Island, one of the many islands hosted by the Cobalt Ocean. Naive and particularly young at the time, Dymas struggled getting around both socially and physically. But despite the circumstance, Dymas still managed to make hearties with others who were also new to the sea, one of which being Yeoldsalt. The two would continue on pillaging and pilfering the Cobalt Ocean together and, eventually, both pirates would develop the ambition to start a new crew together, with Yeoldsalt as the captain. Dymas, now a freshly new first mate of a just as new crew, would begin either wreaking havoc and harassing the pirate community around him or draw in a peculiar crowd that didn't mind his obnoxious and ignorant charm.
With his little experience as senior officer and first mate, Dymas made the decision to buy a sloop and start his own crew. This would not divide the two and true hearties, however, and both would rarely participate in activities without one another. Unfortunately, it would not last as Yeoldsalt would later go dormant, never but once to be seen again. Dymas, as upset as he was, still resumed his duties as captain and still kept bonds between other mates. His crew would declare allegiance to its new flag, The Roar Of The Waves, for a short while until finally making his own, the Arctic Regal. His history would soon dismally share the same fate as his hearty after much tension and his poor decision making as king, captain, and friend would drive him into hiding before finally leaving the Cobalt Ocean for good.
It would be years later when Dymas would not return to the Cobalt Ocean but, instead, arrive to the more alien Midnight Ocean, this time as Sno. Again, his ambitions drove him to start his own crew and flag in this ocean as well - but not for long. He would later begin struggling, as he did his first days as a pirate, hopping around islands and crews. By the time he began going around known as Ankher and, fortunately enough, he finally found a crew that he would hold dear to him for the first time in a long while: Ocean's Shadow. There he found himself surrounded by many other pirates whom he could call hearties and would strive further than he ever had previously. When the Ocean's Shadow left its own flag, Misfits Inc, for Anchor Managment, Ankher would rise even further and earn a position as lord. Again, though, the winds of fate did not bode well and misfortune would later drive Ankher away once again through tension and into a short hiatus.
Finally, Ankher would begin going by Devanille (from De Vanille, French for of vanilla) and was, again, without a crew and flag. It was at this time he would eventually call the crew, The Spirits of the Winds, and flag, Delightfully Demented, his home. Today, Devanille is still apart of The Spirits of the Winds and can usually either be found aboard one of his ships or villa, simply loitering about.
More or Less Unnecessary Information
On the Other Side
Devanille, in other realms, is better known as Dylan, or Max, and is 18 years old, living in the center of a large desert with no ocean. Despite such a hindrance, he continues his role as a pirate, just with less ships to sail and more "brigands" to torment.
Trivia of sorts
- Devanille's favorite duty puzzle aboard a ship is lazing about.
- His second favorites are sailing and gunning.
- Assigning him to the latter results in less-than effective results, as he fails to distinguish between gunpowder and the rum.
- Has traveled to and fro from the abysmal ocean known as Real Life.
- Must have his collection of PoE divisible by 25.
- Likes to make really bad and punny Soviet Russia comments.
- "Quit Stalin and start Russian" is a particular favorite.
- Doesn't believe in math.
- Loves sea-food.
- Dislikes Mexican food.
- Birthday is on the second of September.
- Favorite colors are blue, rose, lavender, and white.
- Loves corgis.
- His younger brother, Drygoon, is also a pirate (albeit less active).