Bowditch Island (Emerald)
- "Bowditch Island" redirects here. For other uses, see Bowditch Island (disambiguation).
|Bowditch Island on the Emerald Ocean|
|Large island in the Stork Archipelago|
Click on the map for a larger version.
|Controlled by||Without Warning|
Bowditch Island is a large island located in the Stork Archipelago. There are three known routes from this island: Hinga Island, Scrimshaw Island, and an inter-archipelago route to Scurvy Reef in the Osprey Archipelago.
This island spawns iron, nettle, and wood.
The naming theme of Bowditch is all things "Monty Python", including references to the British comedy group's actors, skits, songs, and movies.
- Go Oil Your Beards (bazaar)
- The Naughty Chemist
- Salves of Silly Persons (upgraded)
- Painted Python
- Burning Witches
- She's a Witch
- Your Father Smelt of Elderberries (Pending dusting)
- The Crimson Permanent Assurance (upgraded)
- Commodities market
- A Kind of Spanish Acquisition (upgraded)
- Rum Away (bazaar)
- Distiller Rabbit of Carbs'nGrog (upgraded)
- I Drink, Therefore I Am (upgraded)
- Ministry of Swilly Walks (upgraded)
- Rum and Soldiers (upgraded)
- Rum From Stein Twenty-Four
- Philosophers' Pub (upgraded)
- Alpha (Upgraded)
- Rum for your Life
- Lyin' King
- My Hovercraft is Full of Rum (Upgraded) - (Pending dusting)
- Hold My Rum (Upgraded)
- Drunk (Upgraded)
- Spice of Brian (Upgraded)
- An Unladen Swallow (Upgraded)
- Senga Rums (Upgraded)
- Rum (Upgraded)
- The Holy Grail (Upgraded)
- Estate agent
- Spam, Spam, Spam, Shoppes and Spam (upgraded)
- The Dreaded Three Bedded Knight (bazaar)
- I've got two Legs and Lacquer (Upgraded)
- Woodshop (Upgraded)
- Knock on Wood (Upgraded)
- Aural Shacks (right-facing shack)
- Castle Arrrrrrrrrrggghh (left-facing villa)
- Cottage Cleese Shop (left-facing cottage)
- Doctor in the Row House (right-facing row house)
- Floating Circus (right-facing pirate hall)
- Idle Estates (left-facing estate)
- It's Only a Mansion (right-facing mansion)
- Live Organ Townhouses (left-facing townhouse)
- Spamalot (right-facing gallery)
- Swamp Castle (right-facing manor)
- What the Cabins (right-facing cabin)
- The Black Knight is Inn-vincible (upgraded)
- Furnace Moore (bazaar)
- Armament Clinic
- Arsenal (upgraded)
- Bull Shot (upgraded)
- Cannonballs Do Migrate (upgraded)
- The Dadao Parrot (upgraded)
- The Dirty Falch (upgraded)
- Do Not Adjust Your Balls (upgraded)
- Forge of Eternal Peril (upgraded)
- Holy Foil (upgraded)
- Knives of Ni (upgraded)
- Lancelots Lances (upgraded
- Life of Iron (Upgraded)
- Norwegian Flue (upgraded)
- Pining For The Forges (upgraded)
- Self Defence (upgraded)
- Sit on My Balls (upgraded)
- Supreme Executive Cannonballs(Upgraded)
- Watery Tart Sword Distribution (upgraded)
- Interesting Falches (upgraded)
- Every Sloop is Sacred (bazaar)
- Biggus Briggius (upgraded)
- Briggles, Fetch the Cushions (upgraded)
- The Brig Side of Life (upgraded)
- The Colonial (upgraded)
- The Golden Age of Baghlah
- The Holy Hand Frigate (Upgraded)
- The Knights Who Say Baghlah (upgraded)
- Lemon Cutter (upgraded)
- The Mastiah (upgraded)
- Monty Dhowthon (Upgraded)
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail (upgraded)
- Whizzo Quality Ship Assortment (Upgraded)
- Help, Help I'm Being Redressed (bazaar)
- Fit on My Fez (upgraded)
- I'm a LumberJacket and I'm OK (upgraded)
- Long Nasty Pointed Pleats
- Romans Sew Home (upgraded)
- She Turned Me Into A Suit (upgraded)
- We Demand A Haberdashery (upgraded)
- Bring Out Your Thread (bazaar)
- Blessed Be The Weavemakers (upgraded)
- How Not to be Seam
- Redneck Sweat Shop (upgraded)
- The Shroud of Turin (upgraded)
- Dusted buildings
- The Black Night (upgraded inn)
- Chuck Farthing Circumbendibus (upgraded shipyard)
- The Comfy Chair (furnisher)
- Fish and Ships License (upgraded shipyard)
- It's Swell To Have a Scimmy (upgraded iron monger)
- My Barrels Explode With Delight (furnisher)
- Shoppe Of Armaments (upgraded iron monger)
- Bring out your Dye (upgraded Apothecary)
- Witch Village (Apothecary)
- Hypocrisy Apothecary (upgraded Apothecary)
- If She Whisks The Same As A Duck (upgraded Apothecary)
- Holy Rum Grenade of Antioch (Distillery)
- Lady of the Rumless Lake(upgraded Distillery)
- Tim The Decanters (Distillery)
- The Christmas Workshop (upgraded Furnisher)
Bowditch Island was originally located on the Sage Ocean. In the middle of the eastern rock wall surrounding the forest in the middle bears the inscription reading "This island were fashioned by Belgarion."
Bowditch is named for navigation pioneer Nathaniel Bowditch.
There used to be shipyard shoppes entitled Chuck Farthing Circumbendibus and The Colonel, however, these have since dusted or been renamed.
Bowditch I, 2007-06-02: Hardcore Explorers colonized the island in a four-round sinking blockade against Eternal Glory and Honor Above All.
Bowditch II, 2007-11-24: Hardcore Explorers defended against Raving Notion in a 3 round sinking blockade.
Bowditch III, 2007-12-08: Hardcore Explorers defended against Raving Notion in another 3 round sinking blockade.
Bowditch IV, 2008-03-29: Undeclared took control of the island in a 3 round non-sinking blockade.
Bowditch V, 2008-04-12: Undeclared defeat the attack of Azarbad the Great and his flag The All-Consuming Flame in a four round sinking blockade.
Bowditch VI, 2008-04-26: Undeclared again defeat the attack of Azarbad the Great and his flag The All-Consuming Flame in a three round sinking blockade. The BK still had one strength left at the end of the blockade.
2008-04-29 Bowditch was transferred to Hardcore Explorers by Undeclared.
Bowditch VII, 2008-05-03: Back to Basics take control of the Island from Hardcore Explorers in a four round non-sinking blockade.
Bowditch VIII, 2008-06-14: The island was successfully defended from the attack of Shadows Of Sage in a three round sinking blockade.
Bowditch IX, 2008-08-24: Good Grief took control of the island in a three round sinking blockade.
Bowditch X, 2008-08-30: Hardcore Explorers took control of the island in a three round non-sinking blockade.
Bowditch XI, 2008-12-20: The island was successfully defended from the attack of Illium Eternae in a three round non-sinking blockade.
Bowditch XII, 2009-02-14: Dirty Deeds took control of the island in a three round non-sinking blockade.
Bowditch XIII, 2009-03-01: The island was successfully defended from the attack of Wild Twisted Fun in a five round sinking blockade.
Bowditch XIV, 2009-03-21: Shadows Of Sage took control of the island in a four round sinking blockade.
Bowditch XV, 2009-04-18: The island was successfully defended from the attack of Gretchen Goldfang and her flag Jinx in a five round sinking blockade.
Bowditch XVI, 2009-05-02: Good Grief took control of the island in a three round sinking blockade.
Bowditch XVII, 2009-05-30: Good Grief successfully defended the island in a three round blockade against No Parking.
Bowditch XVIII, 2009-08-22: Good Grief successfully defended the island in a five round sinking blockade against Black Veil.
Bowditch XIX, 2009-12-20: Blades of Sage won the island in a three round non-sinking blockade against Good Grief.
Bowditch XX, 2010-01-17 Blades of Sage successfully defend the island in a four round non-sinking blockade against No Parking.
Bowditch XXV, 2013-11-17: Proud To Love won the island in a three round sinking blockade against Illusion.
- Emerald Ocean islands
- Tan-colored navies
- Iron spawns
- Nettle spawns
- Wood spawns
- Islands with shacks
- Islands with villas
- Islands with cottages
- Islands with row houses
- Islands with pirate halls
- Islands with estates
- Islands with mansions
- Islands with townhouses
- Islands with galleries
- Islands with manors
- Islands with cabins